News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Some early Dell XPS 15 9500 machines have wobbly trackpads, but remediation is on offer for affected units

Started by Redaktion, June 26, 2020, 15:24:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has acknowledged that some early XPS 15 9500 machines shipped with wobbly trackpads. Apparently not meeting the company's "stringent quality and experience standards", Dell is offering to correct affected units. New XPS 15 9500 shipments should not suffer from wobbly trackpads, either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Some-early-Dell-XPS-15-9500-machines-have-wobbly-trackpads-but-remediation-is-on-offer-for-affected-units.477550.0.html

Ben334

Contacted support for wobbly trackpad. Their solution was to send a replacement 30 days out, which would completely remove 30 day trial period. Awful solution and they would not make any other arrangements or exceptions.

AJ

Just an FYI that despite Dell releasing that statement, 9500s with fault trackpads are still being shipped out.
I purchased mine Wednesday (8th July) and rec today (10th) going for the top spec i7 32gb ram and guess what?  wobbly trackpad.

Maclain

I purchased mine July 12th and had the trackpad issue.

Support has been a nightmare. They currently have my laptop at a repair depot indefinitely waiting for parts restock. They assured me they had trackpads in stock until I sent my laptop in. Now I have no clue how long they will be holding onto my computer without fixing it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview