News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The first ThinkPad with Ryzen 4000 has arrived: AMD much faster than Intel

Started by Redaktion, June 25, 2020, 21:05:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The E15 Gen.2 is the first Lenovo ThinkPad with the new AMD Renoir processor in our editorial office. Initial benchmark results show that the Ryzen 7 4700U is sometimes twice as fast as a current Core i7 from Intel. The integrated Vega GPU is also faster than the dedicated RX640 GPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-first-ThinkPad-with-Ryzen-4000-has-arrived-AMD-much-faster-than-Intel.477477.0.html

chxei

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO MODELS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
ffs, will ever wait be over? This or slim7. waiting already 2 or 3 months

aNDRE33a

Why no 4800u in this model? by the way all announced in january and still none available to buy, are AMD waiting for intel Xe???????

kek

At this point, I'm almost convinced the Ryzen 7 4800U is an unicorn or something because it hasnt been released almost 7 months after being announced.

Fulljack

the Ideapad has 4800U option but Thinkpad doesn't? Come on, just give people what they want, and also proper cooling to support 25W cTDP up.

xaositect

why can't these E series laptops have a better display option, like the 500 nit HDR display? this would be a perfect laptop for me if it wasn't for that shitty display that seems to be the only option..

LHPSU

Quote from: chxei on June 25, 2020, 21:58:05
I've long suspected that AMD isn't actually able to meet demand for Renoir, and that plays a big part in laptop makers not being willing to go all-in.

Marko Zeko

have you tried it with some VR set?
Can Vega 7 run VR content with Oculus Rift or Vive Pro?
I have Vega 10 (ryzen 2700u) and it is not able to run VR content.

John Meier

Quote from: kek on June 25, 2020, 23:17:22
At this point, I'm almost convinced the Ryzen 7 4800U is an unicorn or something because it hasnt been released almost 7 months after being announced.
Are u sure? Yoga Slim 7 with 4800U is available to buy here

Victor Angulo

Tov

Tov

Quote from: LHPSU on June 26, 2020, 05:18:13
Quote from: chxei on June 25, 2020, 21:58:05
I've long suspected that AMD isn't actually able to meet demand for Renoir, and that plays a big part in laptop makers not being willing to go all-in.
It's TSMC who is producing.

chxei

Quote from: John Meier on June 26, 2020, 06:47:21
Quote from: kek on June 25, 2020, 23:17:22
Are u sure? Yoga Slim 7 with 4800U is available to buy here

where?

Mikkle

Looks good. How fast is the memory and is the amount of VRAM configurable? I've seen 2GB being the sweet spot for the 4800U but most default to 512MB. (A German guy on YouTube did a bunch of testing with various VRAM sizes from 512 to 4GB on the 4800U.) There's a significant difference between 512MB and 2GB for most titles, especially in the 1% low.

DeepskyScorpion

Nice laptop, no SMT means no purchase. I'll be looking forward to either a 4800U model or a T14/T15 with the Pro 4750U option. They're really forcing me to look into true business laptops as those use the Pro line which is all SMT enabled.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview