News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo marketer claims on Weibo that Intel “cannot keep up in the short term” against Renoir competition - official Lenovo Weibo indicates that Comet Lake H price cut is in order to “deal with” AMD

Started by Redaktion, June 25, 2020, 07:47:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A third-party marketer associated with Lenovo recently claimed that Intel "cannot keep up in the short term" with AMD. This statement was seemingly validated by an official Lenovo post indicating that price cuts on Comet Lake H Intel models were in an effort to "deal with" AMD gains.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-marketer-claims-on-Weibo-that-Intel-cannot-keep-up-in-the-short-term-against-Renoir-competition-official-Lenovo-Weibo-indicates-that-Comet-Lake-H-price-cut-is-in-order-to-deal-with-AMD.477406.0.html

RSS

Would be nice to see the same with gpu, nvidia is way too expensive..
But Lenovo legion 7 price is insane compare to other brands...

Uxzil

Lenovo is just stating the obvious. Anyway I did order a Legion 7 with 10875H since I want a 2070 super Max Q with it and good build quality. The price is actually quite decent if you catch a good sale and with student discount.

Alex544

Quote from: RSS on June 25, 2020, 08:12:26
How is NVIDIA "expensive"? What are they expensive compared to? They're still quite a bit ahead of AMD in the high-end GPU sector and offer features (RT & DLSS 2.0) that AMD doesn't have.
NVIDIA isn't a piece of s*** company like Intel. They won't sit around idle just because there isn't much competition. They're constantly innovating & improving their products.

dksadksa

Tov

Quote from: Alex544 on June 25, 2020, 09:31:33
Quote from: RSS on June 25, 2020, 08:12:26
How is NVIDIA "expensive"? What are they expensive compared to? They're still quite a bit ahead of AMD in the high-end GPU sector and offer features (RT & DLSS 2.0) that AMD doesn't have.
NVIDIA isn't a piece of s*** company like Intel. They won't sit around idle just because there isn't much competition. They're constantly innovating & improving their products.
Compare to previous generation lunch price.

oiruik

I can't even order the Lenovo Ryzen 4xxxU laptops in UK yet despite waiting months, even though they have been available in other regions in this time. How is AMD expected to be competitive if OEMs are not even able to ship their chips? I am getting tired of waiting.

CakeCyclist

Quote from: oiruik on June 25, 2020, 12:23:14
I can't even order the Lenovo Ryzen 4xxxU laptops in UK yet despite waiting months, even though they have been available in other regions in this time. How is AMD expected to be competitive if OEMs are not even able to ship their chips? I am getting tired of waiting.

That's exactly what Intel wants by their "close cooperation" with OEMs. I made a decision for me and for my entire family that no more of my money goes to Intel. I'm either buying good quility AMD laptops (none of them is yet on the market, btw) or sticking to my old crap. FU, Intel.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview