News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was the last truly great Android flagship

Started by Redaktion, June 21, 2020, 19:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung released the Galaxy Note 9 two years ago. Unlike most flagship phones from that era, however, the Note 9 still manages to look fresh, while offering premium features and performance, even by today's standards. And that, perhaps, is why it'll go down as the last truly great Android flagship.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-was-the-last-truly-great-Android-flagship.477072.0.html

Proud Note 9 user

Cannot agree more about all unique features we can't find now...
- No notch or punch hole
- Headphone jack
combined with flagship specs as the massive battery, the S pen which had at this time new features (taking photos, screen-off notes, useful for slide show...) and the 4k60hz support through the usb-c/hdmi
I bought it new for around 600€ and 2 months after his release (October 2018). Still working like a charm.
Samsung infinity display without punch hole introduced with the S8 is still (for me) the best design

A

The last great phone was the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

From then on it went downhill. The Note 4 was a true power users phone, after that Samsung started taking away power user features like removable battery, used same processors as the older models, while charging a much higher price, to the point one has to wonder why the Note wasn't just renamed the Galaxy S++.

Josh

Counterpoint: I likey Note 10 even more than I liked my Note 9. I to be honest, the only change I don't like was moving the power button from the right side to the left side. Aside from that it's better in every way.

Ms Jackie

I like my Samsung 9 however I am not able to add a Signature to my text messages!!! Help!!!

Dàpọ̀ Ndugu

GURTAPINDER KANWAL

I love my Note 9 it's still got loads of life left in it for most uses day to day. But I cant say that about the battery. I had my Note9 since launch and accubattery says my battery capacity is more like 3253mah nearly 20%. I do charge it more often now. And I hate to think my next phone might come with a 3 year contract that seems the new norm.

Also Samsung will change the battery it was 77 quid but gone up now.

AlexAndra

I switched to the note 10 earlier this year and I am still regretting it. The note 9 was a better phone in so many ways. And after this whole "putting ads in the native apps on our flagship phone" thing, the note 10 will be the last Samsung phone I purchase.

Silver Fang

Still rocking my Note 9. I'm due for an upgrade this fall. I may or may not switch.

bee

Have had lots cell phones Note 9 is only one had screen burn in. Unit was not abused.

Glen B Mallory

The great miss is the lost IR blaster and swappable battery--and headphone jack.  I used them both daily. I will not upgrade from note 9 until under-screen selfie camera and new graphics chip come along..
P

10basetom

Where do you see it for $350 mint? The 128GB model is selling for $450 on Newegg.

OuchieCloud

It's much better than my iphone8. It's my first android phone so there was a learning curve. It's a net improvement from my iphone even with the drawbacks like the fragile stylus. I bought this phone for the headphone jack and it's big screen for watching movies. I found it's pretty good for drawing too.

EddieT

I have the note 9 and what I use it for is what it what not meant to do in reality.  I use it as my laptop with dex for the last 6 weeks.  I have the usb c hub with everything except for 100bt port.  I have my Surface Pro in my datacenter and I rdp if i need to use a regulator computer.  If seem to work so great that I don't miss my normal computer.  When I am out of the house then I rdp in.  Since I have the 512GB version I have all my data, but I need anything a have unlimited cloud drive.  I use opendrive.com and it unlimited and not like MS, Amazon, and google cloud.  It still 9.99 and I don't have to had to data local to my system,but can still access it with my note 9 like a client-server envirnment.

Look into it guys all the cloud providers are full of it opendrive works just like a server.

Rho

The note 9 also has an iris scanner as an option for unlocking the device apart from traditional unlocking methods.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview