News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tipster outs new Galaxy Fold 2 details - thinner than ever with 7.7in display, 3.8mm bezel: but is that the right approach after the Galaxy Fold’s notorious QA issues?

Started by Redaktion, June 21, 2020, 12:49:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tipster @IceUniverse revealed new details about Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Fold 2 device. However, the thinner bezels and larger display raise concerns about durability, especially in the aftermath of Foldgate.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tipster-outs-new-Galaxy-Fold-2-details-thinner-than-ever-with-7-7in-display-3-8mm-bezel-but-is-that-the-right-approach-after-the-Galaxy-Fold-s-notorious-QA-issues.477052.0.html

S.Yu

Lily

Quote from: toven on June 21, 2020, 19:25:36
mate 20x look better,  sad that no new generation with bigger screen.

Huawei as a company is dead. Stop wasting your money and time.

Serves it right for stealing tech and trading with Iran. Expect sanctions.

Tu Maldita Madre

What I don't get is that not one single retail unit was released that was faulty. Why do blogs and websites continue to say it was a failure at launch when it's been flawless in my hands and the hands of most users? The Fold isn't a phone for everyone. It definitely is for me, I will tell you that much. I can't wait for the 2. And stop saying the phone is fragile, it's much sturdier than what reviewers make it out to be. My favorite one is the contractor that takes it with him to work. Nothing's wrong with his. Nothing's wrong with mine, either.

axelwoax

Quote from: Lily on June 21, 2020, 20:55:00

lmao you for real? huawei is a 130 Billion $ revenue company, they have multi succesful departments apart from mobile sector, and just so you know the mobile division was second place for sales in Q1 and Q2 of 2020, so check your facts before writing nonsense :)

S.Yu

Quote from: axelwoax on June 22, 2020, 10:02:24
Quote from: Lily on June 21, 2020, 20:55:00

lmao you for real? huawei is a 130 Billion $ revenue company, they have multi succesful departments apart from mobile sector, and just so you know the mobile division was second place for sales in Q1 and Q2 of 2020, so check your facts before writing nonsense :)
Yeah and check how much interest-free loans they're taking from China's policy banks, and how bidding for a 5G infrastructure contract in China is so skewed that even though Nokia and Ericsson are able to undercut Huawei they still only got a trivial, largely symbolic slice of the market. Oh yeah, and China still doesn't have market economy status recognized by the WTO, go figure.

JLThom

Consumers are buying as many of the big flagship phones as they can in US. Some to keep, some for 3rd-party retail. The point is that the (luster) of the iPhone has faded a lot & consumers are recognizing that Samsung has & continues to lead major brands with the features they want. The foldables aren't failures, they've exceeded expectations.

Also, there hasn't been any major defect media news for the G-Fold 1 since was first put on sale. Also, there wasn't any defect news for the Z-Flip. That kinda says something - like foldable phones are a solid product & we should get expect to see more. They will only get better.

I wouldn't disregard Huawei - the company is doing quite well overall globally. They didn't need to do biz in the US & UK, but success in those markets would have been nice for PR & marketing.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview