News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i7-1165G7 ties with the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U in Time Spy CPU Score despite having half the cores while its Xe iGPU batters the Vega 7 and Vega 8 competition

Started by Redaktion, June 20, 2020, 21:24:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Tiger Lake Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor has been spotted going through extensive testing on 3DMark's Time Spy benchmark and the results have been positive for Team Blue. The Xe iGPU part of the chipset managed to outscore AMD Vega 7 and Vega 8 iGPUs, and the 4-core i7-1165G7 even tied with the 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 4700U in the CPU Score.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-1165G7-ties-with-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-in-Time-Spy-CPU-Score-despite-having-half-the-cores-while-its-Xe-iGPU-batters-the-Vega-7-and-Vega-8-competition.477032.0.html

Chuck

Wow! This seems like an Intel sponsored hit piece. It's ok. I remember that whenever Mark Hiben would do that, the price of AMD stock would always go up. So, thanks, I guess :)

screwb

WOW a whole 15% while costing %50, consuming more power, and months late? LOL get your act together Intel.

Alex544

these AMD fanboys are so annoying and I say that as someone who's been buying AMD (CPU + GPU) since my first PC build

competition is always welcome. you think AMD won't become the next "Intel" if they continue to dominate in performance?

undervolter0x0309

Intel is 14nm and rarely 10nm.

There's no changing that. Unlike what media tries to push, you're not healthy at every size 😂

The smaller the less heat and more space for goodness.

Andrewthebest

Quote from: screwb on June 20, 2020, 22:38:25
WOW a whole 15% while costing %50, consuming more power, and months late? LOL get your act together Intel.

Yea and single core performance is gonna be at least 50% faster...
Also, I bet that 95% of people would rather have 50% faster single core than whatever 20% multi core. Also, gaming performance with a dedicated graphics card is gonna destroy AMD

havefun

IGPU depend much on memory. its not much fair to compare  Vega +DDR4(3200) and intel + LPDDR4x( 4266).

"With results like these, Tiger Lake could well appeal to gamers on a limited budget who don't want to purchase a laptop with a discrete GPU but still expect decent graphics performance from the SoC."

Now, laptops with i7-1065G7 +LPDDR4x cost 1500euro, 1165G7 will not be cheaper. How can u speek about budget gaming???

R3B0RN

Plz show me an amd baset premium laptop. I'm not an Intel or AMD side but I watch quite a lot of laptop reviews and all I can see is even AMD is hot as well. Anyway competition is always welcome because that means consumers get better products. I can only hope that intel gets it right this time as there are no AMD options available in the premium laptop category. And I like the fact that intel does the same thing as AMD only on 10nm 4 cores. Can't wait to see the Tiger lake H processes arriving.

bééla

"WOW a whole 15% while costing %50, consuming more power, and months late? LOL get your act together Intel"

Who said higher power consumption? Who said months late?  About the cost, you are more likely right. But we still have to wait a few months until we can see what they can do in real life and how they will run against ryzen 4000 APU. I'm curious. And I can't wait to see what they can do with tiger lake H next year. But in my opinion, the epic fight will be next year when alder lake will go against zen 3.

Meat_Hex

Fake News just Some Intel forged leaks to hype their trash lets go 14nm+to Infinity And Beyond.
I Run Intel so don't even think of calling me AMDiot / fan boy.

Bob

Quote from: Meat_Hex on June 21, 2020, 02:02:34
Fake News just Some Intel forged leaks to hype their trash lets go 14nm+to Infinity And Beyond.
I Run Intel so don't even think of calling me AMDiot / fan boy.

While that could be a possibility, simply dismissing it without further investigation doesn't prove anything. Let's just see how it goes in due time we will know.

Well I do hope Intel has got its act together. More competition is always good for the consumer.

Damien

Wait, so both CPU's have 8 threads and they tied, despite the AMD running slightly slower clocks and at lower TDP?   The GPU performance is very good news tho. Hopefully it'll kick AMD's Radeon team into gear.

Damien

Quote from: Andrewthebest on June 20, 2020, 23:42:44

Also, I bet that 95% of people would rather have 50% faster single core than whatever 20% multi core. Also, gaming performance with a dedicated graphics card is gonna destroy AMD

Where the heck did you pull those figures from???
Both APU's have 8 threads,  Time Spy is a very much heavily threaded CPU benchmark. Both CPU's tied, despite the AMD 4700u running at a lower clock-speed and tdp.  GPU is a different story. Intel has that win, no contest.

Andrew

Quote from: Damien on June 21, 2020, 06:01:53
Quote from: Andrewthebest on June 20, 2020, 23:42:44

Where the heck did you pull those figures from???
Both APU's have 8 threads,  Time Spy is a very much heavily threaded CPU benchmark. Both CPU's tied, despite the AMD 4700u running at a lower clock-speed and tdp.  GPU is a different story. Intel has that win, no contest.

Because Intel only has 4 cores and still perform the same as AMD 8/8, therefore the single core should perform at least 30% faster because each core has to be faster in order to match it. Also it's only 30% opposed to 50% is because hyperthreading is only around 40% of the performance compared to having actually 8 cores. Also, the Ryzen 7 4700U also is running at 25w along with the Intel one so it draws the same power.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview