News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Overview of upcoming ThinkPad reviews for the next couple of weeks

Started by Redaktion, June 17, 2020, 14:13:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We get questions about new ThinkPad models from Lenovo pretty much every day. This is an overview about the planned review units for the next couple of weeks. We start with the two new models X1 Carbon 8th Gen as well as X1 Yoga 5th Gen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Overview-of-upcoming-ThinkPad-reviews-for-the-next-couple-of-weeks.476708.0.html

aussetg

> T14s on the other hand gets a completely redesigned chassis

That's not what the photos, or spec sheet, or hardware maintenance guide, say... Are you sure ?

kek

If Lenovo doesn't put stupid soldered stuff on most of these models, and prices are not a scam, this actually might be the first time I will seriously think about buying something from them.

So far, I was a Dell fan, but their QC is all over the place, and cooling solutions have not improved a bit since 2015 in their devices.

sarkaaara

I am a Thinkpad fan. Used many laptop in my 16+ years of IT career but always loved TP and my personal laptops are also Thinks. 

However poor P53 outcome made me think twice about getting my latest workstation laptop. I was almost going to buy Macbook Pro 16 but today's P15 details put by this website stopped me. From the article, it's very promising to see Lenovo worked toward thermals.

I'll wait then for P15 review to come out and then decide if I'll buy MBP16 or Precision 7550 or P15.

xz.c,vmn,.

Quote from: aussetg on June 17, 2020, 14:34:51
> T14s on the other hand gets a completely redesigned chassis

That's not what the photos, or spec sheet, or hardware maintenance guide, say... Are you sure ?

Its 0.18 lbs. lighter than the T490s, so there must be something different about it.

ngazi

Lack of 4K or at least WQHD display options for AMD Thinkpads is extremely annoying, especially given the fact high resolution displays have been available on their Intel counterparts for years.

Søren Birkegaard (DK)

Hi Notebookcheck
In your reviews of the E- and the L-series, could you include some comparisons. I am getting very confused which one I should buy as a budget home use office laptop, because they look very similar in the new generation of laptops.
Kind Regards Søren

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview