News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MS Office apps coming to Chrome OS enterprise devices thanks to deal with Parallels

Started by Redaktion, June 17, 2020, 11:59:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If there has been one thing holding back companies from going all in on Chrome OS devices is the lack of support for Microsoft's Office suite. That is set to change with the announcement that Google is teaming with Parallels to run virtualized versions of Microsoft's desktop productivity apps.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MS-Office-apps-coming-to-Chrome-OS-enterprise-devices-thanks-to-deal-with-Parallels.476665.0.html

Dan6

When Google will drop Chrome OS finally? I mean who needs it except kids and some google fans who use it only to watch youtube, check mails and maybe documents? Microsoft is already on a right path - they took Android and Chrome and made their own products. And new Edge is really good, I switched to using it daily. Google also needs to take some stable linux distro like OpenSUSE/Fedora, integrate own services in it and maybe polish/customize the interface. I would buy such device. But current Chrome OS is just a browser with containers, virtualization. Why Google thinks that we need this baggy overhead?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview