News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No chance for Intel: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U takes apart the Core i7-1065G7 in our Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 review

Started by Redaktion, June 10, 2020, 20:00:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Acer's latest 14-inch laptop features the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor, and boy does it do a job over the Intel competition. The same can be said for GPU performance, with the Radeon RX Vega 7 reaching almost NVIDIA GeForce MX250 levels. The Renoir architecture does not sacrifice battery life for performance, either. There is one downside to the Acer Swift 3 SF314-42, although this is outweighed by the device's many positive aspects.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/No-chance-for-Intel-AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-takes-apart-the-Core-i7-1065G7-in-our-Acer-Swift-3-SF314-42-review.469420.0.html

deksman2

The Vega iGP in this laptop doesn't behave better simply because of increased clock speeds (which aren't huge).
It behaves better because AMD improved Vega cores by about 56% in total on an architectural level compared to Vega in Zen +.

Alas, I have to agree that the screen brightness for this unit is fairly low.
I think Acer should have given this unit at least 300 nits and an option to upgrade to 4800u.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview