News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2: AMD Ryzen 4000 version with 2. SSD slot, backlit keyboard & dual-channel RAM

Started by Redaktion, June 10, 2020, 17:42:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Surprise: The Lenovo ThinkPad E14 with AMD CPUs will support dual-channel RAM after all, as Lenovo adds additional soldered RAM to the ThinkPad E14 Gen 2. Also, the new model has a backlit keyboard & a second SSD slot instead of the 2.5 inch HDD bay.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-E14-Gen-2-AMD-Ryzen-4000-version-with-2-SSD-slot-backlit-keyboard-dual-channel-RAM.469620.0.html

Teun

Does anyone know if Lenovo will ever bring back the removeable battery and battery bridge of the old thinkpads?

WiredBrain

Since the E14/15 Gen 1 was intel only with the cometlake, will the intel gen 2 be tigerlake as the AMD Renoir E14/15 Gen 2 version is only listed?

Benjamin Herzig

@WiredBrain,
that certainly could be the case – typically, the E series is the first ThinkPad line updated with the newest CPUs.

deksman2

Quote from: Teun on June 10, 2020, 18:35:18
Does anyone know if Lenovo will ever bring back the removeable battery and battery bridge of the old thinkpads?

I don't think this will happen, mainly because most laptops have stopped using removable batteries (probably as a cost saving measure) - which to be frank is not the best idea.

Also, I'm not a big fan of soldered RAM.
Having two upgradeable RAM slots is actually recommended and not that big of an addition to thickness (its actually barely noticeable).

However, at the very least, if OEMs end up having soldered RAM only, they should offer the laptops in question with an upgrade option to 32GB RAM (while ordering it online).
16GB is ok, but to be honest, not necessarily enough as you go forward (especially if you plan on keep using the thing for 3 or 4 years).

32GB is a lot better option to have from the get go...

Jaddlyjuddly

From the spec sheets & product listings:
Up to 4800U ; Well it's no 4800H but ok
8+8GB memory configuration ; this is what modern developers need
TN or IPS display options ; alright!
M2; yes!
AX200; good!
All aluminum design, classic; great!
Only one USB-C port that acts as both power delivery and display port; WHAT??! So I can't charge while using a DP monitor nor exGPU!!!
LiPol 45Wh battery; this is tiny!
All they had to do was give us two USB-C ports...

Levar

Quote from: Jaddlyjuddly on June 11, 2020, 15:20:08
Only one USB-C port that acts as both power delivery and display port; WHAT??! So I can't charge while using a DP monitor nor exGPU!!!

I can't believe it. The HDMI port (1.4b) only supports external monitors up to 3840x2160@30Hz which essentially means that you cannot connect 4K monitors to this laptop (because the USB Type-C port will be used for charging and 30Hz is not acceptable).

aurel101

Quote from: Levar on June 16, 2020, 15:45:23
Quote from: Jaddlyjuddly on June 11, 2020, 15:20:08

I can't believe it. The HDMI port (1.4b) only supports external monitors up to 3840x2160@30Hz which essentially means that you cannot connect 4K monitors to this laptop (because the USB Type-C port will be used for charging and 30Hz is not acceptable).

Can both charging and DP monitor work simultaneously using the usb-c hub?

Indian

It's a big lie that Thinkpad E14 (AMD) Gen 2 has 'BACKLIT KEYBOARD' and 'FINGER PRINT READER' at least in India.

Please stop spreading lie and correct your article.
lnv.gy/2DWJhfe

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview