News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Comet Lake flakes in latest Mindfactory sales data as over 34 times more AMD Ryzen 5 3600 chips are sold than Intel Core i7-10700K parts

Started by Redaktion, June 07, 2020, 20:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New sales data from German retailer Mindfactory has revealed that 34 times more Matisse AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processors were sold than the Intel Core i7-10700K, which was the best-selling Comet Lake chip for this particular period. AMD took 87.25% of the sales share compared to Intel's paltry 12.75% portion.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Comet-Lake-flakes-in-latest-Mindfactory-sales-data-as-over-34-times-more-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-chips-are-sold-than-Intel-Core-i7-10700K-parts.469340.0.html

Chuck Doyle

Ouch! Such a humiliation for Intel.

Really sad to see them boycott AMD on laptops market. Measures need to be taken.

dosadsakd

Germans usually have a natural tendency to buy amd since amd is a presence in Germany (see AMD Dresden).

Jesse

Wow, Intel is getting their a** kicked.   Nice.   I don't hate Intel, but do hate that without credible competition, they totally stagnated for a decade and milked profits without much further innovation.

Competition is great for consumers.  I'm very happy AMD is winning this round.   I hope they can beat them for at least one more year as well.

S.Yu

I never believed that s*** about perceived brand recognition holding back adoption of AMD CPUs in the laptop space, the theory was built on doubtful assumptions. OTOH lack of consistency of service and support to OEMs on AMD's side sounds coherent with the whole picture.

kek

Well, no surprises here honestly. I seriously dont know why Intel is still selling 14nm when they already got their 10nm process ready. And even more bold is their statement that they will even release another generation based on it. Rocket Lake most likely will hit rock bottom on sales numbers.

Bob

Quote from: kek on June 08, 2020, 00:03:36
Well, no surprises here honestly. I seriously dont know why Intel is still selling 14nm when they already got their 10nm process ready. And even more bold is their statement that they will even release another generation based on it. Rocket Lake most likely will hit rock bottom on sales numbers.

Except that it's not ready at the moment.  Or maybe they dedicated too much silicon for the janky non ht 14nm+ parts

ariliquin

Manufacturers have no excuse for not shipping more premium AMD Laptops. The markets changed time they caught up with their customers.

machin

Sure they do.

They probably all have lengthy contracts spanning several years with Intel with agreed volume and price.
That general how wholesale works.

It's the same thing with Apple and AMD.
Why does Apple insists on providing crappy AMD chips when Nvidia are vastly superior ?
Because of contracts, PR between the companies, and negotiated prices

A

Quote from: machin on June 08, 2020, 13:32:34
Sure they do.

They probably all have lengthy contracts spanning several years with Intel with agreed volume and price.

Why does Apple insists on providing crappy AMD chips when Nvidia are vastly superior ?

Because AMD chips tend to be more stable than Nvidia ones? I still remember when Nvidia knowingly sold faulty chips to vendors.

On top of that AMD is known for doing custom solutions and cheaper.

Apple has never been on the bleeding edge. So they don't particularly care about those things.

Brandon Tenney

This article is a complete joke! The 10th generation sold out in the first few hours of launch & nobody has gotten anymore in stock so it's impossible to compare sales figures at this point

S.Yu

Quote from: A on June 08, 2020, 13:52:23
Quote from: machin on June 08, 2020, 13:32:34
Sure they do.

Because AMD chips tend to be more stable than Nvidia ones? I still remember when Nvidia knowingly sold faulty chips to vendors.

On top of that AMD is known for doing custom solutions and cheaper.

Apple has never been on the bleeding edge. So they don't particularly care about those things.
They seem very much on the bleeding edge in ARM space.

piokos

Is Notebookcheck moving to covering desktop DIY market now?

Seriously, what's happening to the best notebook review site on the web?

This is quickly becoming just another generic PC site dominated by AMD vs Intel and AMD vs Nvidia flames. It doesn't have to be.

If you need clicks from the DIY crowd, why not open a second site for that?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview