News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

NexDock Touch launched: A Huawei, Samsung and Raspberry Pi laptop dock for US$249

Started by Redaktion, June 05, 2020, 13:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NexDock has announced its next laptop dock, the NexDock Touch. As its name implies, the NexDock Touch has a touchscreen, which is contained within a 1080p and 14-inch IPS display. The NexDock Touch features a 60 Wh battery, a host of ports and four speakers. The laptop dock is available to order for US$249 will ship at the end of August.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NexDock-Touch-launched-A-Huawei-Samsung-and-Raspberry-Pi-laptop-dock-for-US-249.468648.0.html

t4n0n

I can't speak for Huawei's desktop UI, but Samsung DeX really is a total disappointment.

A large number of apps simply do not work within DeX at all, including any that use any kind of media content protection, such as HDCP, regardless of whether the external display supports it.

I can't help but feel DeX is really shorthand for Disappointing eXperience...

DougJudy

This is cool but has a limited market since most phones aren't able to take advantage from it.

I really don't get what google is doing with desktop mode and what's taking so long, they already have chromebook os running on arm. Just implement chromebook os under a kvm with qemu or any other hypervisor out there, there are already people doing this on their own for linux or windows even, why can't google!?

Petr Klejch

Quote from: t4n0n on June 05, 2020, 14:49:35
I can't speak for Huawei's desktop UI, but Samsung DeX really is a total disappointment.

A large number of apps simply do not work within DeX at all, including any that use any kind of media content protection, such as HDCP, regardless of whether the external display supports it.

I use Netflix, VLC and YouTube in browser on DeX everyday, without a problem. I encountered very few apps that didnt actually work. Yes, some of them have weird UI, if they are streched to big screen, but they still work nonetheless.

Jeremy C

Quote from: t4n0n on June 05, 2020, 14:49:35

I use DeX exclusively, daily. There are a couple of steps you have to take, such as enabling developer mode and DeX labs, to get things working smoothly, but it will.

It's very convenient to have one device for everything.

It would be fantastic with a 360-degree hinge. That way it could be used as an additional monitor for device that already have a keyboard without occupying a lot of space right in front of it, while retaining the ability to provide keyboard & touchpad input for smartphones & other keyboardless devices unlike regular portable monitors.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview