News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leakgate: Tipster excorciates Vivo for "ghosting" him on a Vivo X50 "controlled leak": are companies in on smartphone leaks and tipoffs?

Started by Redaktion, June 04, 2020, 08:32:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In a startling Twitter revelation, tipster @evleaks claims that Vivo India planned a "controlled leak" exercise with him, involving the Vivo X50 series, but eventually "ghosted" him instead. This raises serious questions about where and how tipsters get hold of supposedly "leaked" information.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leakgate-Tipster-excorciates-Vivo-for-ghosting-him-on-a-Vivo-X50-controlled-leak-are-companies-in-on-smartphone-leaks-and-tipoffs.467787.0.html

dsadksla

Oh, I see some editors are like young people. They really believe the leaks are from sneaky people that zoom with the binoculars in IT companies and post them on the internet. Yeah, right. Most of the leaks are intentional FYI

Valantar

Yeah, this really shouldn't be coming as a surprise to anyone. While there are of course "genuine" leaks aplenty, intentionally "leaking" information on upcoming products is a well-established method for drumming up attention and interest around the launch of said product.

Surr

Wait what? Are you telling me you actually believed the leaks were really unintentional?

They are so common these days to be considered leaks anymore.

AlexS

I am like the other commenters...what else is new?

"Good" leaks: PR managed
Bad leaks: real leaks or competitors PR managed.

DougJudy

(I hate to beat the dead horse but...) What!? You're saying leaks are intentional and used as creating hype and do a cheap market research? You're telling me that every news outlet posting a leak on the day before a device releasing, and then posting a review at the same time 5 minutes after the official press release is not planned with the manufacturer to drive hype and adclick revenue? You're telling that this billion dollar corporations are indeed capable of keeping their engineering project secret?

Wow, what a shocker, outstanding work publishing the obvious smfh...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview