News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook X Pro 2020 in Review – Compact Laptop with Performance Issues

Started by Redaktion, June 04, 2020, 04:22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei updated its MateBook X Pro, and the new model features a combination of Intel Comet Lake CPU and Nvidia GeForce GPU. Unfortunately, performance was relatively poor and the dedicated GPU was even outperformed by some integrated GPUs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-X-Pro-2020-in-Review-Compact-Laptop-with-Performance-Issues.467742.0.html

splus

You guys need to COMPLETELY change how you rate your review devices!
How can such a poor laptop that's trying to be cheap by even lacking the Thunderbolt certification, deserve such a high score of 87?? And you're calling it poor? All your reviews have rating between 85 and 90, however bad or good.
This laptop doesn't deserve such a high score, especially when you take into an account such a high price.

Mate

Joseph

There's nothing wrong with the rating- the average is only 78%. Its only the weighted average that raises it to 87%

yatra

Thanks for the review.

However, I agree with Mate & Splus, the ratings are confusing in my opinion.
It doesn't take in consideration a design issue like the throttling problem in this laptop.
For this price point, this is unacceptable. We pay a high price for a new CPU and GPU and both are them are "more than limited".
Not only the whole rating of the laptop makes it stand out from the rest but also you give a Top Rated Award...
I'd would suggest adding a price/performance rating and why not a performance per component range rating or something similar... The 100% application performance is correct but come on, we're buy a i7 last gen at the performance of a much cheaper cpu...

I'm not even mentioning the webcam... seriously how expensive that is. The glossy screen is a shame as well as that screen looks great on paper.

Chad

Thunderbolt 3 but not paying the licensing to use it?  From a Chinese company?   Who would have thought? 

Sportbike Mike

I want to thank you guys for your thorough reviews.  If I am even remotely interested in a computer or processor, I hop onto Notebookcheck and see what you have to say about it.  I especially appreciate that you take pictures of the bottom of the device.  Where the vents are matters to me when shopping for something portable.  I found this computer interesting and if I buy it I'll save myself some money and get the i5 one.  Thank you.  Keep up the good work.

ZODD

Quote from: Mao on June 04, 2020, 21:23:52
This laptop is better than any westernizer brand.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........you must by from communist China.
Are you paid to say that?

Anyway for that  price you can  get a RAZER Blade Stealth 13 for hundreds less and GTX 1650 that would absolutely crush the MX250 in performance, it's not even close

Arthur

Quote from: ZODD on June 14, 2020, 18:05:29
Quote from: Mao on June 04, 2020, 21:23:52
This laptop is better than any westernizer brand.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........you must by from communist China.
Are you paid to say that?

Anyway for that  price you can  get a RAZER Blade Stealth 13 for hundreds less and GTX 1650 that would absolutely crush the MX250 in performance, it's not even close

You must be paid by TRUMP to critique everything about China and associate everything with CCP.

pask

I agree with the review as I'm experiencing both the beauties and the issues discussed.

My comments are:
- the 3:2 screen is unmatched for qaulity: it's very good and useful, if you read and write a lot with your notebook
- the i5 version is paired with a 512GB drive, while if you want the 1T drive you have to buy the i7 version (at least here in Italy)
- finally Huawei managed to provide 16GB of Ram, while the 2018 version had only 8GB, even in the top configuration

I think this notebook's issues are:
- the fan always on
- it becomes to hot even on light usage
For comparison's sake, my previous notebook, an ASUS UX433FN which I preferred in 2018 to the Matebook X pro because of the 16GB of Ram, run much quiter and cooler, on an equivalent usage.

Hope Huawei's will provide some firmware updates to solve these issues.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview