News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Caught red-handed: Chuwi fakes laptop product images to look thinner and sexier than they really are

Started by Redaktion, June 03, 2020, 08:35:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

At the very least, the manufacturer should have a disclaimer saying that the renders — which are currently being used to advertise the laptop — may not represent the laptop fully.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Caught-red-handed-Chuwi-fakes-laptop-product-images-to-look-thinner-and-sexier-than-they-really-are.467693.0.html

AndreaZ

The same is chuwi HI10X, their photos from the official website show narrow bezel which actually are very thick like a transformer book from 2015.

Tuan PHAM

:'(Thank you for the information. If they display fake image to promote their products, they are not very smart. Thanks to your report, it helps me not to buy chinese products

Paulo Bonito

I had a herobook and it WAS a great machine for the price until the power connect broken after 2 weeks.

Lesson Lern

DavidC1

Let's call a spade a spade. Those aren't exaggerations. Those are lies.

The solution is simply not buying it.

Josef Stalin

I lot of Chinese electronics haters were attracted by the piece and it is easy to see why. But the sad reality is, the "proper" brands are not in a completely different league. The vast majority of modern laptops from Dell, Lenovo, Asus etc. released these days come with components throttling out of the box, PWM, poor cameras, poor speakers and what not. The industry is in deep trouble and Chuwi is not the only company you guys should be pointing your fingers at.

William Dick Flake

Quote from: Josef Stalin on June 03, 2020, 15:21:19
I lot of Chinese electronics haters were attracted by the piece and it is easy to see why. But the sad reality is, the "proper" brands are not in a completely different league. The vast majority of modern laptops from Dell, Lenovo, Asus etc. released these days come with components throttling out of the box, PWM, poor cameras, poor speakers and what not. The industry is in deep trouble and Chuwi is not the only company you guys should be pointing your fingers at.

That's the dumbest hot take I've read in a while.
This is outright a lie and it's disturbing too see much more common in CHINA brand laptops than any other product.

S.Yu

Quote from: William Dick Flake on June 03, 2020, 16:13:48

This is outright a lie and it's disturbing too see much more common in CHINA brand laptops than any other product.

I second that. That's the weakest excuse I've come across this year. None of those issues constitute a lie, which this one does, as long as it's ever been used to advertise this specific product, so yes, the "proper" brands are in a completely different league. OTOH, Huawei's lie about their Honor Smart Screen's speaker output back in December is in the exact same league.

john362020

Quote from: S.Yu on June 03, 2020, 16:27:24
I second that. That's the weakest excuse I've come across this year. None of those issues constitute a lie, which this one does, as long as it's ever been used to advertise this specific product, so yes, the "proper" brands are in a completely different league. OTOH, Huawei's lie about their Honor Smart Screen's speaker output back in December is in the exact same league.

You are both wrong. Yes what we see in the above pictures are lies in the hilarious scale. But he/she does have a point. You buy a laptop because it scores 1500 points in Cinebench and later you learn that, that score is done in the first run and in a room temperature of 15 C. In less controlled conditions and after the laptop has heat up from usage you only get 1200 points, for example. Why is this NOT a lie? We also see what OEMs are doing with Renoir laptops. They are not exactly having more respect for their own customers, than what Chuwi thinks for it's potential customers. Both Chuwi and US OEMs, in my opinion, believe that their customers are just ignora.nt fo.ols.

MOFO

Quote from: john362020 on June 03, 2020, 17:57:05

Quote from: S.Yu on June 03, 2020, 16:27:24

You are both wrong. Yes what we see in the above pictures are lies in the hilarious scale. But he/she does have a point. You buy a laptop because it scores 1500 points in Cinebench and later you learn that, that score is done in the first run and in a room temperature of 15 C. In less controlled conditions and after the laptop has heat up from usage you only get 1200 points, for example. Why is this NOT a lie? We also see what OEMs are doing with Renoir laptops. They are not exactly having more respect for their own customers, than what Chuwi thinks for it's potential customers. Both Chuwi and US OEMs, in my opinion, believe that their customers are just ignora.nt fo.ols.

No they are 100% right .
You can work around throttling by undervolting , repasting,or even using a cooling pad, not the perfect answer but fixable.
YOU CANT CHANGE THE SHAPE OF A LAPTOP!

Icychief25

I have a chuwi notebook it gets very hot didn't know it doesn't have a cooling fan never will buy another one I have to use a fan to cool it off fearing the overheating will cause damage and the battery doesn't last very long and slow to recharge

anon

I've bought a cheap Chinese tablet that was even worse in the lies where the picture showed a very slim bezel and the real product had a very large bezel, and then the hardware was slower than advertised and the firmware was modified to lie about some things, as well.

Anyway, a pipe dream of mine would be to see earnest attempts at trying to sue these companies for false advertisement within the Chinese system, documentary style... revealing the true nature of brand relationships to manufacturers and how the legal system works or doesn't. I bet that nothing would be a surprise but that everything would be eye-opening.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview