News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xperia 5 II: New leak shows Sony's upcoming flagship won't be all that compact

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2020, 22:08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Reports from a few months ago touted the upcoming Xperia 5 II to be Sony's much-awaited compact flagship phone. A new leak may have put paid to those hopes, though, as while the Xperia 5 II paints the picture of an impressive premium phone, it doesn't quite seem to satisfy the conditions for "compact".

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xperia-5-II-New-leak-shows-Sony-s-upcoming-flagship-won-t-be-all-that-compact.467103.0.html

Smidge

Please stop using that stupid concept art, ESPECIALLY as your freaking leading image and article thumbnail. That's just misleading and annoying.
I don't know whether to say that it's made worse or better by the fact that you -also- use an image of the actual upcoming phone from the leak.

All the details make it seem that the Xperia 5 ii will be indentical in every way to the 1 ii except for a lower screen resolution of 1080p+ and very slightly smaller battery.
Good... but that makes the 1 ii completely redundant especially at its 1200$

Also yes the phone will be capable of display port / thunderbolt over USB-C, weird question...

PaulM

At that size it's essentially the same size as the existing Xperia 5/10. I find them too small for me as they are very narrow - anyone thinking they aren't compact shouldn't be deceived by the size in inches, instead realise that the 21:9 aspect ratio makes it a narrow device for the hand.

Anonymous

Quote from: Smidge on May 30, 2020, 23:30:19
All the details make it seem that the Xperia 5 ii will be indentical in every way to the 1 ii except for a lower screen resolution of 1080p+ and very slightly smaller battery.
Good... but that makes the 1 ii completely redundant especially at its 1200$

Well, you're right, very strange indeed to release such phone.

If this true, it's quite a disappoinment, I'd rather like it yo be a 5,2-5,5" phone with SD768g, with quite capable cameras, and 4000mah-ish battery, and middle range price of course.

Mountain

I am surprised, Nodar has absolutely no creditability at all. All his past leak were right off!

Jasper

It is still compact for me, having 68mm width.. It is just a tall phone ,which I dont like .. Would like a 20:9 ratio instead of 21

Yuxin Chen

As I suggested earlier. Sony would not do that pointless compact series easily. Xperia 5 is the successor of XZ3, and now the X5II would be the successor after it. Here is my suppose.

Sony would announce Xperia 5II, and Xperia9 in IFA.
Xperia 5II would have SDM865 X55 8GB LPDDR4X 256GB UFS3.0+TB+HBP, plus they may calibrate the display for marginal nits. Like 450nit to up to 700nits. More juice, start from 3750 and up to 3940mAh. And reduce the weight to 155grams. And all others things would be the same as X1mk2. And their price would be $999, exclude the WF1000XM3, about 749USD.
As for Xperia 9, or Xperia 10II Plus, they would mark it as a 499$ devices sport Snapdragon 765, 6GB Ram and 128GB UFS2.1. I doubt they would release another compact phone.

EDWARD WARD

Ricci Rox

Quote from: EDWARD WARD on June 01, 2020, 08:39:46
Why are you calling the 5 a flagship? The Xperia 1 ii is the flagship.

If the Galaxy S20 is a flagship, the Xperia 5 is one.

frogg

Sony don't want to release compact anymore, fine. Meanwhile a certain fruit company sells as many compact iPhone SE II in a day as Sony sells total smartphones in a quarter. Go figure!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview