News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Energy Star and Geekbench confirm up to AMD Ryzen 7 4800U and 16 GB of RAM for imminent Lenovo ThinkBook 14s refresh

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2020, 13:54:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Energy Star and Geekbench have confirmed that a ThinkBook 14s refresh is on its away. Possibly launching imminently, the ThinkBook 14s will come with 8 core AMD Ryzen 4000 Renoir APUs and up to 16 GB of RAM.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Energy-Star-and-Geekbench-confirm-up-to-AMD-Ryzen-7-4800U-and-16-GB-of-RAM-for-imminent-Lenovo-ThinkBook-14s-refresh.467068.0.html

WiredBrain

The thinkbook line of laptops only carry single channel RAM. As a result will the graphics processing capability of the AMD be diminished for not running on dual-channel? Hopefully some benchmarks in that area would confirm this.

davids

I am still baffled by that thick bezel, a 16:10 screen would have cost them pennies more, but they rather go with a giant bezel.

qwerdadad

Quote from: davids on May 30, 2020, 16:49:22
I am still baffled by that thick bezel, a 16:10 screen would have cost them pennies more, but they rather go with a giant bezel.

yeah this space under the screen looks insanely bad

william blake

i don't like how this 4800u is viewed by the public and manufacturers.
lets not forget what was a premium 15w just a year ago. 4800u doubles the performance. revolutionary cpu and the dream product to buy.
and oems are like..nah, amd is cheap, lets buy it for cheap, put in a cheap, sell for cheap,
and people are like..nah, amd should be cheap, give me cheap, faster? yeah maybe not a big deal.
this cpu is a monstrosity

DougJudy

Quote from: WiredBrain on May 30, 2020, 14:48:09
The thinkbook line of laptops only carry single channel RAM. As a result will the graphics processing capability of the AMD be diminished for not running on dual-channel? Hopefully some benchmarks in that area would confirm this.

Yes, graphics will suffer a lot.

Lisa "weak" CEO?

I've conflicting views on AMD's current CEO. On one hand everything good that has recently happened, has happened under her but then there are these delays.

Are OEM's really to blame? They're slow when it comes to adopting anything new, always have been. It's just sad it took AMD this long to fix their power issues on mobile APU's. Imagine if they had done this 3 years ago, where would we be now?

It kinda sucks because I really want one but not one of these weak 1.79 TFLOP APU's but something much more powerful (like in 4-6 TFLOP range). As it seems like AMD is mostly focusing on CPU cores and efficiency, I don't think we will see a significant GPU improvement until on next 5 nm node and maybe rdna3, so 2023? and that is assuming no delays..

Maybe better off just picking up a Zephyrus G14 on a black friday sale, once the hype dies down and asus (or someone else) fixes the fan noise issues. If nothing better is released by then...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview