News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Jim Ryan: PS5 on track for a global launch, but don't expect compatibility with the PS4

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2020, 13:14:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The PS5 remains on track for a global launch this holiday season, according to Sony's Jim Ryan. Do not expect PS5 games to work on the PS4 though, nor for the PS5 to be the cheapest console either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Jim-Ryan-PS5-on-track-for-a-global-launch-but-don-t-expect-compatibility-with-the-PS4.467075.0.html

BNP

"Do not expect PS5 games to work on the PS4 though"?? who has/had such expectation? it defies the entire concept of progression...

dan429

i don't care if ps5 costs 699 (or more) - i'll preorder as soon as that option goes live. and why would i care if ps5 games play of ps4??? i'm BUYING  a ps5! sony has never let me down as far as 1st party games. that's the reason i'm getting a ps5.

John M

I'm fairly sure Jim Ryan has brain damage because I don't know who thought we were gonna be able to play PS5 titles on the PS4. The fact that he said something as dumb as that makes me doubt the guy's price predictions. Plus, it doesn't need to be cheap, just needs to be competitive with the Series X price, lol

DougJudy

Quote from: John M on May 30, 2020, 21:06:50
I'm fairly sure Jim Ryan has brain damage because I don't know who thought we were gonna be able to play PS5 titles on the PS4. The fact that he said something as dumb as that makes me doubt the guy's price predictions. Plus, it doesn't need to be cheap, just needs to be competitive with the Series X price, lol

It's common, when a new generations hits, to have games launch in both platforms (for everyone that doesn't upgrade right away, which is a big portion of the market). He's comment just means that this is unlikely this time, which makes sense because the PS5 is a really big jump in performance.

The usual anual FIFA release and other similar titles will certainly launch on both platforms, new stuff like the rumored Horizon 2 or Gran Turismo 7 will probably not and that's good, I'd hate to have to suffer through limited or badly optimized games (like the data duplication to workaround the lack of performance of the HDD) on the PS5 just to peddle to the PS4. There's a lot of games on the PS4 for it to be necessary to continue to create new games for it. I'm all for backwards compatibility and support, but there are limits when it comes to forward compatibility.

Blightor

They are just basically saying that the PS5 will have exclusives that the PS4 wont have.  Just like all consoles before it.

The only reason he has to say that is because for some reason (perhaps sales because of the lower user base) MS will not be releasing any XBox Series X exclusive games for a year or so.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview