News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 9500 Core i5 Review: Now Even More Like a MacBook Pro

Started by Redaktion, May 29, 2020, 10:03:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

This is the biggest XPS 15 refresh since 2016, but is it everything XPS fans have wanted? Of course not — die-hard fans will always find something to complain about. For everyone else, the significant gen-to-gen improvements and new 16:10 display all help make the system more comfortable to use than ever before.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9500-Core-i5-Review-Now-Even-More-Like-a-MacBook-Pro.466868.0.html

Jim Sks

I know, different class of laptop and all that, but it's laughable that any budget £650 laptop with a ryzen 4600h will simply leave these things in the dust.

Kirill

Verdict: "on our hexa-core Core i5 base configuration..."
Is this a mistake? I thought Core i5-10300H has 4 cores, not 6.

Vojtech

Kirill

I think this base version for those who don't need performance, just that sleek 16:10 screen and nice touchpad.

lily

why dell recently choose fragile Toshiba storage?
It discourages me to buy dell laptop.

Joel

Any more information on keyboard replacement difficulty?  I generally replace the keyboard at least once on my laptops over a 5 year span.

RicoVIking9000

Quote from: Vojtech on May 29, 2020, 14:35:12
So....gpu has half the performance of dell xps 13, thats bit disappointing
This has nothing at all to do with Dell, it's completely Intel. For now, no AMD options are available on premium lines for the most part, and AMD has a history of buggy software.

Quote from: lily on May 29, 2020, 15:53:09
why dell recently choose fragile Toshiba storage?
It discourages me to buy dell laptop.
This is the lowest tier model and it's not terrible, plus you can upgrade yourself if desired. Higher tier models come with significantly faster drives.

Quote from: qwert on May 29, 2020, 13:25:46
Hmm cooling is a bit disappointing.
Also to NotebookCheck, Dell released a BIOS update that apparently significantly helps thermals but reduces CPU wattage

Zacpod

Still forces you to use modern standby.
Dell will void your warrantee if you close the laptop and put it in your bag without doing a full shutdown.
Because they don't sleep properly.

Save your money and headache and get a Lenovo instead.

Dell is trash.

dryden

there is one mention of the macbook pro in this entire review, drawing comparison of the xps 15's assemblage of only usb-c ports to that of the mac's.

one mention of the mbp, and you put it in the article's headline, implying its complete similarity with a product that is otherwise wildly distinguishable from the xps.

next time you guys review a mbp, make sure to put "basically an xps" in the title, because that's basically what you're doing now. don't even come for me for being a fan of either brand, because this is about the misuse of headlines and ineffectiveness of articulating a review's verdict in a few words. try better.

william blake

Dell XPS 15 9500 Core i5
QuoteGames Performance51 / 90 → 56%
Dell XPS 15 7590 9980HK GTX 1650
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Power-Overwhelming-Dell-XPS-15-7590-Core-i9-and-GeForce-GTX-1650-OLED-Laptop-Review.428748.0.html
QuoteGames Performance84 / 90 → 93%
so you say, hd630:gtx1650=56:93?
really?
the more i dig into your rating system the more i dislike it.

RicoVIking9000

Quote from: william blake on May 29, 2020, 21:39:23
Dell XPS 15 9500 Core i5
QuoteGames Performance51 / 90 → 56%
Dell XPS 15 7590 9980HK GTX 1650
QuoteGames Performance84 / 90 → 93%
so you say, hd630:gtx1650=56:93?
really?
the more i dig into your rating system the more i dislike it.

Welcome! This is called weighted ratings. This is called the multimedia category. Now you know. Let me know when you find a thin and light 15" laptop with higher than a 1650Ti MQ. The surface book 3 will top this category btw.

Worldliner

brain4storm

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview