News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Elitebook x360 1030 G7 and x360 1040 G7 business convertibles get a redesigned keyboard, Comet Lake-U, OLED display option, and 5G connectivity

Started by Redaktion, May 26, 2020, 16:16:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP has refreshed its Elitebook x360 convertible lineup with 10th gen Intel Comet Lake-U CPUs, 5G networking, and optional OLED panels for the x360 1030 G7 variant. The new Elitebook x360 models also feature a redesigned keyboard, slimmer chassis, and offer both vPro and non-vPro CPU options.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Elitebook-x360-1030-G7-and-x360-1040-G7-business-convertibles-get-a-redesigned-keyboard-Comet-Lake-U-OLED-display-option-and-5G-connectivity.466232.0.html

davids

Just like Lenovo they've gone Intel exclusive for their high end models, only including the 15W Ryzens in their more budget models. Will it pay off? I doubt it.

kek

"will it pay off?"

Yes, it will. These are business machines, for office, video calling and the like. The only ones really overworked about Ryzen are gamers, and some multimedia editing/creation users.
I highly doubt an IT department will get its head on its a** just because these are Intel and not AMD, and that's taking into consideration they probably get an special price from HP, too.
Besides, for your everyday work, these are ok, it's not like if they were Pentium or Celeron CPU.

nicta

Really interested in the runtime of the 1040 with the bigger 78.5Wh battery, 1000-nit screen and these new 15W 6-core CPUs. I would have liked to see a Ryzen 8-core but 6 cores are plenty for my use case and efficiency is much more important to me.
Also interested in the new keyboard. The old EliteBooks seemed to already have good input methods, let's hope the trend continues.

Dorby

Any chance of reviewing the x360 1040 G7 model with anti-glare Sure View screen and 78Wh battery? I'd like to know if HP fixed the supposed brightness and color issue as well as screen flickering causing eye strain.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview