News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New HP EliteBook 800 & 805 G7 business laptops adopt AMD Ryzen 4000 & Intel Comet Lake

Started by Redaktion, May 26, 2020, 14:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

As the last of the "big three", HP has announced its new 2020 business laptop lineup. The new Elitebook 800 G7 series brings a fresh design as well as new Intel Comet Lake processors - and AMD Ryzen 4000.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-HP-EliteBook-800-805-G7-business-laptops-adopt-AMD-Ryzen-4000-Intel-Comet-Lake.466236.0.html

WiredBrain

So I guess the whole thing about thunderbolt 3 not requiring an intel 'license' is futile as all manufacturer's, that I'm aware of, leave amd model variants in the cold without this port thus making it less desirable to most users who require this port. Is it really intel this time or the manufacturer's themselves?

But HP has swayed the tide though for having majority of their features across both platforms.

DougJudy

Quote from: WiredBrain on May 26, 2020, 18:42:21
So I guess the whole thing about thunderbolt 3 not requiring an intel 'license' is futile as all manufacturer's, that I'm aware of, leave amd model variants in the cold without this port thus making it less desirable to most users who require this port. Is it really intel this time or the manufacturer's themselves?

But HP has swayed the tide though for having majority of their features across both platforms.

Yeap, I don't get it either. On desktop (where you don't need it as much because you have pcie anyway) it's already available on a couple of x570 boards, on laptops where it really makes a difference it's nowhere to be found.

If amd suddenly had well built business laptops without this silly compromises (cheaper, with better battery and more compute) businesses would buy every single one they could which would actually start to eat into Intel's cashflow (consumers are a very small portion of the market),  I guess I understand afterall...

Adrian

I wonder if they have improved the "sureview" screen

My current Elitebook (work issued that I'm typing on now) is super glossy (cannot be used under fluorescent office lighting without an anti-glare screen sticker) and the screen has a "dot matrix" pattern that is visible over white backgrounds even when sureview is turned off. When it is turned on, it flickers like crazy and is headache inducing! I think it works by putting off anyone trying to look at the screen with a horrible image!

Mochamad Aris Zamroni

No track point for the 830 and 835??? That's bad.
Instead of adding middle scroll button, hp removes the whole track point.

doa379

They got rid of that massive chin two generations running. Would've liked to see a more upright display aspect ratio. Guess the industry still can't get everything right. Glaring errors staring you back in the face as usual..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview