News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel buys Rivet Networks, the maker of Killer Wi-Fi

Started by Redaktion, May 23, 2020, 22:03:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel has announced that it has acquired Rivet Networks, a company best known for its Killer brand of connectivity modules. The silicon giant asserts that this move will enhance its standing as a proponent of Wi-Fi standardization. It may also simply help the company stay ahead of the competition in terms of this area of specs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-buys-Rivet-Networks-the-maker-of-Killer-Wi-Fi.466431.0.html

Jeremy

Yes yes yes!

Given Intel's history of recent acquisitions, this will kill off Killer! Finally, this useless software package can go into the dumpster.

DeepskyScorpion

Usually this is where I express my disappointment for one less competition, but in this case I want intel to kill killer off asap lmfao

Pees

I've been around the internet and hate for Killer is utterly unanimous. They're a company that only existed to annoy the world until intel was forced to buy them to simplify the market, stop them ruining otherwise perfectly serviceable laptops.
They were the worse kind of anticonsumer competition, only existing for a corporate exit strategy, never to make a sellable alternative. There market share was down to an optional in some gaming options, and some dell.
Thankfully they've been avoidable for years but I'm now glad to hear that I'll never have to see their crap products or people complaining about them, ever again.
With the rise of ARM laptops, qualcomm and others will get in on WiFi AX and bluetooth 5.1... good.
I hope their engineers get a pay raise at intel.

Mikexxx

Show of hands, how many Dell buyers have replaced their Killer NICs with Intel?  ;D ;D ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview