News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Rufus Cuff: The large smartwatch is finally getting a release date

Started by Redaktion, May 22, 2020, 21:05:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The computer for your wrist is finally being delivered, years after it was first announced. The Rufus Cuff is significantly larger than your typical smartwatch and has numerous sensors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Rufus-Cuff-The-large-smartwatch-is-finally-getting-a-release-date.466304.0.html

Walter Mathis

Great news about a computer watch for the wrist. Do you remember the Snazzy HP watch some 40 years ago that was then discontinued? A great idea that fizzled. Why have we not had such an invention until now?
When will it arrive and how much will it cost?

I'm Not a Robot

Sorry, but this is a flop. I get the idea and the concept, but in actuality THIS product just won't make it.

You can't release products before consumers are ready. The Apple watch has definitely caught on, but smartwatches are still relatively new and very few outside of the iOS ecosystem have adopted this far. The problem with this is that a solid portion of the Apple Watch's success comes from the fact that it is, in fact, an Apple product. It's not just a small computer, it's also equally a fashion accessory.

There's nothing fashionable about this one. They have removed "form" in favor of more "function", and the average consumer isn't ready for that. Walking around with a tablet on your wrist is like using a voice assistant in 2012. The technology was available; maybe even USEFUL, but no one wanted to walk around speaking to their phones when no one else was doing it. The same goes for this product.

The other issue here is that without form, function is ever more important. Where is the function here? The specs are mediocre even by yesterday's standards, and it runs Android 7.1, when 11 comes out this summer. What exactly can you perform on this device that you can't already on a good smartwatch? If you immediately thought of the larger screen, then what about this makes it any better than just taking my phone out of my pocket for a much better experience? There's just no market for a watch of this size in 2020. At that price, I can't justify buying what is basically a dumbed down second phone that sits on my wrist, when my real phone is probably in my pocket.

Sorry, but no cigar.

Mark H

As a LEM-t owner, I would say that this is excellent. I use the watch on a daily basis and my only gripe is that the cell phone reception is not great. Other than that I think that this is a great step on what everybody should be using. The amount of people that commented on having the full cell phone on your wrist instead of lugging about $1,000 cell phone is high.

The market is ready for this.

Mikexxx

So, did they use the consumer project money to dev the non-consumer product(s)?  Sounds like they realized the biz market was more lucrative and  shifted gears - with the consumers left holding the bag...

someoneMN

this crowdfunding project seems to have scammed the backers for 1/2 million dollars.  They all would be better off with an apple watch, or one of the samsung or other devices,  unfortunate to see crowdfunding scams.  they sort of did the project, but were completely misleading

Ahmed Taresh

I ordered mine 6 years ago and the last communication I received from them was in September 2020, I didn't receive what I paid for and now they are not answering my emails, it's a scam.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview