News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2020 Razer Blade 15 Base Model Laptop Review: The 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake-H Update

Started by Redaktion, May 21, 2020, 07:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest Blade 15 revision brings just minor year-over-year upgrades. Users can expect slight keyboard changes, slight port changes, some storage differences, and a few new configurable options here and there. Otherwise, overall gaming performance remains about the same as the 2019 Blade 15 series.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2020-Razer-Blade-15-Base-Model-Laptop-Review-The-10th-Gen-Intel-Comet-Lake-H-Update.465895.0.html

LHPSU

The keyboard layout is obviously very different from previously reviewed models, yet you're telling people to check out the old reviews about a different keyboard?

Warney

You should go for this year's model just for the shift key. (I have had the 2019 advanced model for a year and still press the up arrow sometimes and lose a line of text)

RSS

Gigabyte aero and msi gs66 both are better machines than this, and they considered to be too expensive so what about this...

Proto

Beware of the 60Hz PWM on OLED screens.
We are numerous to get eyes/headaches with this ...

anon

QuoteThe system cannot be recharged via USB Type-C as that feature is reserved only for the 2020 Blade 15 Advanced Model.

Thank you very much for pointing this out! As for Razer... I am surprised that this feature is left as a device for market segmentation. The lower power, non-Advanced models would make the most sense to use a sub-100W charger with. Well, Razer will do as it does and I hope this feature is "trickled down to the less expensive Base Model" like some of the other things.

I am absolutely envious at the I/O which Razer has nailed down. At least one type-C and type-A port on each side, and then other useful ports as needed. This is something I really wish others would copy--as long as they would make their type-C ports fully featured. I won't be spending an extra thousand to be able to charge using USB-PD.

EnzoLamborghini

Weak performance, small battery, single zone RGB, but still gets overrated 86%. Maybe the rating scheme for this kind of thin-and-light gaming laptops needs to be updated?

Mdm

Hi Allen,
Where did you receive this unit from?  It does not show up as options on canada or US Razer sites (mercury white option, oled, on base models)

powerslave12r

Radiokryl

Beware of Razer Laptops! Top performance laptops without good Support Team are real headache! My next laptop will not be razer anymore!

Sidney Johnson

for the pwm oled test, you may want to review the intel graphics driver refresh settings. Another reviewer on youtube turned off the self- refresh display power setting and said the oled flicker went away.

Anonyneko

Quote from: Daniel Barakat on May 22, 2020, 04:35:48
Can you disable Optimus?

As far as I understand from the various posts on the internet, you can't do that on the Base Model.

You can do it on the 2020 Advanced Model with FHD (there has been a report the no-Optimus switch is not available on the 4k display models, though this is not certain) and you can do it on the Blade Pro 2019/2020 - at least on those with 4k 120 fps displays (which is what required that switch in the first place, as the iGPU just cannot do 4k at 120 fps)

Nathan Mazzara

does anyone know if they kept the hdr 400 certification from the 2019 models? I dont know why they wouldn't but cant find evidence of it having HDR on the 2020 oled models base or advanced.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview