News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2020): The Magic Keyboard turns it into a notebook

Started by Redaktion, May 19, 2020, 20:32:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2020) is the iPad Pro series' current flagship. As its predecessors, the updated XXL tablet aims to fully replace laptops. The Magic Keyboard, which is scheduled to be available beginning at the end of May, will be a big step towards this.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-12-9-2020-The-Magic-Keyboard-turns-it-into-a-notebook.465715.0.html

opelit

My laptop Huawei Matebook D14 has the same price when I bought it. A whole laptop. Crazy... 😂

Gary Herman

Sorry, No it doesn't.  Or at least it makes for what in my opinion is a lousy laptop experience. I am typing this on the magic keyboard I purchased almost a month ago now.  I purchased the keyboard (and the iPad Pro 12.9) to replace my 9.7" iPad Pro and I was hoping my aging Lenovo laptop.
Part of the problem is software support for real applications is still not there. But that might improve with time. Among other things so many of the "apps" for banking, bill paying etc. are straight ports from phone apps so they don't autorotate to landscape mode and I end up looking sideways to my screen. 
I get strange results  Typing many times, for instance in facebook when I type one of my many mis-spelled words the instead of showing n autocorrect or the red mis-spelled underline it automatically just adds the suggestion so I end up with both the misspelled word and it's guess and need to go back and delete the incorrect word if I catch it.   FB isn't the only place. 
IOS Windowing still is awkward and seems like a grudging afterthought. There is very little support for the various specialty keys, I'm told that the CMU key is pretty much what the control key is on a PC so why do they include a control key? I have set the option key to be the esc key.  There does not seem to be a way you can program key combinations to perform macros and like most apple products it only does what Apple will let you do.
It is definitely a well built product but it is so stiff I shudder to think what may happen should I drop it. 
It is nice to have backlighted keys but it also drains my battery really quickly.  With the keyboard connected I'm lucky to get 4 hours use before I get a low battery warning.  The keys are responsive but as the other person posted I could buy a whole laptop for what I paid for this keyboard.

laoshan

the iPad can be a very good artistic tool . After some research, I decided it was a choice between the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro (15.6inch HD) display drawing tablet  and the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil (the stylus that allows you to draw on the iPad).
The Artist 15.6 Pro is purely a graphics tablet, which functions as an extra monitor, and it does this very well. The iPad Pro is multifunctional, and I know people who use it for word processing, updating social media, etc. However, when making my decision I compared the two purely on their use as creative tools. After more research, I eventually chose the iPad Pro.
One of main reasons I chose the iPad Pro was that I can use it when I'm away from my desk. As the Artist 15.6 Pro functions as an extra monitor, it needs to be attached to a computer at all times.
Another reason I chose the iPad Pro was after discovering the Astropad app. This app mirrors the computer screen and allows you to use your iPad and Apple Pencil as a graphic tablet, i.e. like a XP-Pen Artist (but without all the wires!).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview