News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD Win Max crowdfunding goes insanely gangbusters by raking in over 3,000% of its flexible goal within hours of starting

Started by Redaktion, May 18, 2020, 09:40:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Crowdfunding for the GPD Win Max handheld game console has started on Indiegogo and the campaign has already managed over 3,000% of its flexible goal in less than a day. The powerful mini laptop is capable of playing AAA games and features a built-in Xbox 360 controller, an Ice Lake i5-1035G7 processor, and it has a Thunderbolt 3 port.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-Win-Max-crowdfunding-goes-insanely-gangbusters-by-raking-in-over-3-000-of-its-flexible-goal-within-hours-of-starting.465793.0.html

Valantar

Just have to comment on that picture ... laughed out loud at that obviously stolen "Demon's Souls wiki" logo (also, didn't that game launch in ... 2009?), and "Super Mario World Odyssey", which from what I can tell is a ROM hack of the SNES games Super Mario World with Cappy from Odyssey added in (this is regardless of the fact that no Nintendo games from the past couple of decades have been legally playable on PC). I sincerely hope the engineering and product design teams are less incompetent than the marketing team.

opelit

Aaron

$800 for the weak gpu, they will sell nicely but I am definitely waiting for the sequel with Ryzen 4000 U series, Vega 8 igpu thrashes the intel gen 11, and maybe they do linux so they cut down the price to 500 or 600.

Owen

To answer someone below regarding Demon Soul and Mario Odyssey.

Demons soul is a PS3 game and never available in any other platform, the only way to play it is using emulation, which is a very resource intensive task even for a desktop PC. GPD knows its niche target audiences care about this game. Also the fact that Win Max can run it at full speed speaks volume itself.

Same apply to Mario Odyssey, which is only available on Switch. But are emulatable on PC, which the Win Max can run quite comfortably.

About price, the only other device close to this form factor (though still big compmare to win max) is probably Surface pro, which has a i7-1065G7. But that was priced above £1,500. Again, win max's lover already voted with their wallet.

Valantar

Quote from: Owen on May 18, 2020, 11:23:20

Demons soul is a PS3 game and never available in any other platform, the only way to play it is using emulation, which is a very resource intensive task even for a desktop PC. GPD knows its niche target audiences care about this game. Also the fact that Win Max can run it at full speed speaks volume itself.

Same apply to Mario Odyssey, which is only available on Switch. But are emulatable on PC, which the Win Max can run quite comfortably.
Neither of those points are unknown to me, nor do they change the fact that a) they stole the logo from the Demon's Souls wiki rather than either spending three more seconds on Google to find a proper one or two seconds to remove the "Wiki" part in Photoshop, and b) didn't actually use the logo for the Switch game Super Mario Odyssey, but used the logo from a modified SNES Super Mario World ROM called Super Mario World Odyssey (which, for the record, can be emulated on pretty much anything). I was speaking more to the obvious incompetence than to bold-facedly referencing emulation, which I doubt is offensive to anyone.

Spunjji

Quote from: Valantar on May 18, 2020, 11:37:32

Neither of those points are unknown to me, nor do they change the fact that a) they stole the logo from the Demon's Souls wiki rather than either spending three more seconds on Google to find a proper one or two seconds to remove the "Wiki" part in Photoshop, and b) didn't actually use the logo for the Switch game Super Mario Odyssey, but used the logo from a modified SNES Super Mario World ROM called Super Mario World Odyssey (which, for the record, can be emulated on pretty much anything). I was speaking more to the obvious incompetence than to bold-facedly referencing emulation, which I doubt is offensive to anyone.

Best guess - they did this to avoid being dinged for breach of trademarks.

Owen

lol, you are not wrong. I don't think I can argue against that. Well spotted.

Quote from: Valantar on May 18, 2020, 11:37:32

Ramboid

You guys comment on Mario and Demon's Souls but are we gonna ignore that Fallout 3 in there? That game is old as dirt and not console exclusive like the other two. Anyone has an idea what were they thinking?

william blake

QuoteIntel's 11th-generation Iris Plus 940 Graphics, with graphics performance close to NVIDIA GeForce MX250
sure, close in 3dmark
https://laptopmedia.com/comparisons/nvidia-geforce-mx250-10w-vs-intel-iris-plus-g7-despite-its-reduced-tdp-the-mx250-is-faster/
as we can see, 8% in a freaking 3dmark, but 54% in gaming. and that was 10w mx250.
i like this device more than nvidia shield or nintendo switch but i don't like liars and cheaters.(or maybe they are just igpu believers, just a religious people? thats ok then, it can happen to anyone)

batdaihoa741

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview