News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The LG V40 ThinQ was the underappreciated flagship no one bought

Started by Redaktion, May 17, 2020, 17:34:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The LG V40 had it all: three versatile rear cameras, five cameras in total, an excellent display, and competitive pricing. And yet, it never quite hit the height of its contemporaries; why?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-LG-V40-ThinQ-was-the-underappreciated-flagship-no-one-bought.465741.0.html

nonameee

Given the bad record LG Mobile has for the previous 5 years, it's no wonder people stay away from their phones. It's got nothing related to android. It's all about their hardware flaws, lack of software updates, undelivered promises for updates, premium pricing given the market share, and many more. It's like they're completely blind and refuse to restructure and rethink their entire Mobile division. Well, good luck with that LG! You'll be burning more money trying to sell a couple of handsets.

Yasin

Nobody bought it because LG support and software updates suck! Many people on social media and forums said they will never buy LG phones and they are keeping their word. Simple as that.

Melissa

I have the LG V40 ThinQ and I love it.  I have had many software updates.  I love the cameras.  I like it a hell of a lot more than the iPhone I had before it. 

joseph

The G7 and newer phones get monthly updates. If your carrier decides not to update, its hardly LG's fault

Arikitajima

Yeah fantastic phone,I've still got mine for now but i upgraded to the G8x. Didn't wanna wait till possibly 2021 for sprint to get Android 10 out,and battery life was fairly rough. I'd adjusted my use over the year accordingly but it made everything a little frustrating knowing if I go to far I won't make it through the day.

Annabelle Owens

I've got one. The biggest pro - excellent sound quality if you're someone who uses your phone without earbuds. Biggest con: stupid Google assistant button on the left beneath the volume buttons is always in the way.  Other things of note: good display, lousy battery, a do not disturb function that cannot be silenced for discrete periods (eg 90 minutes) and, perhaps personal preference, I dislike have the power button on different side from volume. Makes one hand operation impossible

Markdoc

I have the LG V40 and love it.  It has the best earphone sound of any phone.  I agree that the Google button is worthless. HOWEVER, there is a new app that lets you renal the button to do almost anything and I didn't write it.  I have been using it for over a month to open my favorite app, to take screenshots, so many choices.  It is called Button Mapper by flar2. You do need the pro version but it is worth it.  It also takes a little effort to install it properly but support is great.  I promise, once it is installed you will love it!.  Now, the con.  The Chooser supports Quick Charge 4 and it is Qualcomm certified.  But LG, in it's infinite stupidity, did not turn it on.  And talking to them is a waste of time. Oh, Button Mapper is available on Google Play.

Phil Taylor

I have had several LG phones including a G8 atm, and loved them all. Head jack a must for gaming, awesome screens. No issues at all. Agree about the V60 being a great phone, not sure I'm ready to upgrade my QHD screen for Full HD plus. Dual screen would be the Cat Pajamas fo gaming tho🤪

j89

I would newer give moor than 300 euro for another useless  >:(phone.
In past bought for 20-100-200

_MT_

Quote from: Annabelle Owens on May 18, 2020, 02:51:12
I dislike have the power button on different side from volume. Makes one hand operation impossible
How so? You operate one with your thumb and the other with your index finger. That is unless the phone is too large for your hand. But that should make one handed operation problematic anyway.

Lnon

This is typical, LG releases great phones,
initial reviews have an agenda, anything not apple/samsung is not good, anything straying from that is bad.

I got the G8x, best phone purchase in a long time. Very satisfied.

Etienne

Vu comment les journalistes parlent de lg comment être étonné de la réaction des utilisateurs après avoir lu cet article ?
Je suis utilisateur de lg depuis le g4 et je n ai jamais eu de soucis avec l un d entre eux
On se plein de sa batterie alors que les s9 de samsung souffraient des mêmes soucis de batterie life
Et cela nous ramène a la raison pour laquelle lg a fermé ses portes en france ( mauvais article sur ses produirs à chaque sortie)
A croire qu il le font volontairement
Merci

IG Pro

The quad dac in the V40 is not just competitive, it is hands down the best audio dac in a phone. Also the V40 has a built in amp, it can power big headphone such as the HD600 or Fostex X00 with ease. And concerning the small battery, it also means a smaller body. The battery lasts enough on medium brightness. The V40 is underrated because the review industry are a bunch of sell outs promoting the big companies.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview