News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Hands-on: 13.3-inch Apple MacBook Pro 2.0GHz Ice Lake model - Sunny Cove cores shine

Started by Redaktion, May 17, 2020, 12:07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple's popular 13.3-inch MacBook is back with a refresh, but it is not the 14-inch redesign that had been rumored. However, Apple has made some substantial changes to the 13-inch range, even if the changes have been somewhat unevenly applied. For example, the entry-level models stick with Intel's aging eighth-gen silicon while the higher-end models pick up Intel's latest 10th-gen chips. Thankfully, all of them get the new Magic Keyboard.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Hands-on-13-3-inch-Apple-MacBook-Pro-2-0GHz-Ice-Lake-model-Sunny-Cove-cores-shine.465742.0.html

Mate

Geekbench  >:D
Faster memory = 1-2% better performance in majority use cases = 30% boost in geekbench score.

Amazing benchmark.

Nsnsbhzjzzh

Quote from: Redaktion on May 17, 2020, 12:07:02
Apple's popular 13.3-inch MacBook is back with a refresh, but it is not the 14-inch redesign that had been rumored. However, Apple has made some substantial changes to the 13-inch range, even if the changes have been somewhat unevenly applied. For example, the entry-level models stick with Intel's aging eighth-gen silicon while the higher-end models pick up Intel's latest 10th-gen chips. Thankfully, all of them get the new Magic Keyboard.

Geekbench focuses on core performance more than memory performance. If you an all around benchmark you have spec. Anyway, icelake is aprox 20% better than Skylake in ipc so there results are not a surprise.

Mate

So why all cinebench shows that i5 from MBP has faster single-core performance?

Why in GeekBench 4 device A can be 25% faster than device B and in Geekbench 5 situation is reverse?

william blake

Quote from: Mate on May 17, 2020, 14:00:56
Why in GeekBench 4 device A can be 25% faster than device B and in Geekbench 5 situation is reverse?
i guess its time to ban this s*** from all places.
one bright mind told me that if 5% of the resource data is questionable, we can not trust other 95%. i totally agree.
geekbench, as we can see, either 100% wrong or 50% wrong. so, why even bother with these random numbers?

The Scott

Apple's decision to continue using Intel CPUs makes no sense.

If they are indeed trying to cater to the creative pro user, multi core scores are more important than single core scores. And if that is true, then it must be asked why Apple is not using the cheaper and faster AMD APUs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview