News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A bevy of AMD Renoir Ryzen 4000 APUs for desktop leak, 65W Core i3 and Core i5 Comet Lake-S in potential trouble

Started by Redaktion, May 14, 2020, 18:28:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

22 OPNs of upcoming AMD Renoir Ryzen 4000 desktop APUs have surfaced online with 12 of them having detailed specifications. These APUs top out at 8 cores and 16 threads with boost clocks up to 4.45 GHz and have Vega iGPUs with up to 8 CUs (512 SPs) clocked at 2,100 MHz putting low-end Intel Comet Lake-S in trouble.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-bevy-of-AMD-Renoir-Ryzen-4000-APUs-for-desktop-leak-65W-Core-i3-and-Core-i5-Comet-Lake-S-in-potential-trouble.464911.0.html

8&8

exactly! @william blake :D

Go go AMD 65W APU will be a beast!
However I'll get orgasm when will create Zen5 APU with RDNA3.

if Zen2 : GTX 1050Ti = Zen5 : GTX1080? That's incredible if yes.<3

Blue_Jay

Valantar

Quote from: 8&8 on May 14, 2020, 21:10:05
exactly! @william blake :D

Go go AMD 65W APU will be a beast!
However I'll get orgasm when will create Zen5 APU with RDNA3.

if Zen2 : GTX 1050Ti = Zen5 : GTX1080? That's incredible if yes.<3
Zen 2 APUs (at least Renoir, we don't yet know if next-gen APUs will be Zen2+RDNA or Zen3+RDNA) will not match a 1050 Ti in terms of performance. 35/45W Vega 7 Renoir with DDR4-3200 is about 2/3 of a 1050 mobile, and while some improvement can be expected from higher clocks and more power, it definitely won't be that much, let alone reaching 1050 Ti levels. Desktop configurations also miss out on the biggest potential improvement of this generation, which is LPDDR4X.

Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to these - one of them is undoubtedly going into my upcoming HTPC build (which is finally happening with this generation of hardware - nothing until now has ticked all the boxes). I'll be waiting on prices, though - I was hoping for a 6C8CU or 4C6/7CU configuration, as the 8C8CU will be utter overkill both in price and power for that use case, so I guess I'll have to settle with one of the lower CU count ones. It'll still be a night and day difference from what it replaces.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview