News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun reportedly sniped using an iPhone, faces criticism from other users

Started by Redaktion, May 14, 2020, 10:10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Going by reports floating around, CEO of Xiaomi, Lei Jun, has been caught using an iPhone on social media. The fact that this is news in the first place is a tad amusing, but it does play right into the joke of Xiaomi aping everything Apple does.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-CEO-Lei-Jun-reportedly-sniped-using-an-iPhone-faces-criticism-from-other-users.465542.0.html

JoeBlack

anti 50 cent army police

he wants the security and privacy of apple , he is fully well aware of the million product dumped chinese rip-off clones that data mine every byte of users data.

china les, people die

ChingChong

He's actually smart for doing this , he knows that the CCP records all data on cellphones in China and the rest of the world.

Gordie

The CEO of Huawei has publicly said he and his family all use Apple phones - they prefer them....Given someone's prior comment that it could be to do with security and Chinese govt snooping, that suddenly puts a whole different perspective on it.

JohnST

Many Chinese companies brag about what makes their phones better than iPhones, and then we learn that the photos are not from their phone but taken on a high-end Canon camera.
Leading representatives of these companies use Apple products and the like. It's pathetic. :p

Astar

Except that the idiots making the silly comments here don't even know that anybody who really knows about security would never use an iPhone or any phone as it is straight out of the box from the manufacturer.

A truly security aware person would use an Android phone - because the Android is open sourced - root it with open sourced tools and then UNINSTALL all that pre-installed stuff to replace them with open source alternative apps as much as possible. Including installing open sourced, protective/security apps.

Apparently, you idiots don't even know that every phone straight out of the box is filled with bloatware/crapware/malware/adware/junkware/spyware that spies on you or compromises your security by recording what you are doing & uploading your data. If nothing else, they represent an unnecessarily large attack surface of application vulnerabilities. It doesn't matter how secure your entire phone is - all it takes is ONE apps that is vulnerable (or coded with nefarious intent) and you are screwed. That is why rooting is so important - you REMOVE all apps that can't be trusted.

I would never allow Safari, iTunes, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, etc. to sit on my phone/PC/laptop when there are open sourced alternatives! I root my phone the moment I break them out of the retail box. And if I allow any apps from Google to run for instance, it is strictly by choice for their feature set, unlike you fools who don't even know you have a choice. Plus - I make sure I have open source tools requiring root, like AFWall, to firewall-block apps so they don't ever get to access my mobile data and waste my money uploading/downloading crap.

Go learn something you fools - or revisit what Edward Snowden revealed  those recent years (2014) ago - instead of yapping like smart alec fools.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview