News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9300 4K UHD Laptop Review: 16:10 is the New 16:9

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2020, 18:48:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If you want the 4K UHD touchscreen, it's going to cost you at least an extra $300 USD over the FHD versions. What kinds of benefits can users expect and how will the display impact battery life? We compare the FHD and 4K XPS 13 versions to find out.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9300-4K-UHD-Laptop-Review-16-10-is-the-New-16-9.464337.0.html

william blake

edward_asdf

Great, so you can spend $1800 on a laptop that runs hot and is slower than a $400 acer aspire
who buys this?

passenger

16:10 and still very potent battery life even when 4k
at for these two aspects, I'd say nice job done, Dell!

william blake

Quote from: mshaky on May 12, 2020, 20:49:58
Sorry guys, but 89% temperatures rating? Really?
QuoteWe categorize subnotebooks as devices that are no larger than 14-inches in screen size and lighter than 1.5 kg (~3.3 lbs) with integrated GPUs
same category, subnotebook:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Medion-Akoya-E4253-Laptop-Review-Long-Runtime-for-a-Small-Amount-of-Money.432008.0.html
as we can see, waaaay cooler than our dell. 93 rating.
in fact, notebookcheck's ratings are more questionable and more hidden than userbenchmark's notorious "bench score". which is pretty funny.

yatra

I have to admit I'm mainly interested in XPS for the 16:10, I've tried it, it makes quite a difference.

I'd like to see the XPS with Ryzen 4000 hoping for a lower price and less throttling...
Do we know if it's in the pipes ?

Mahdi 2002 pss

Mahdi 2002 pss

I think you must reconsider Noise score for ver. 8 of your rating, 40dB for such little guy is too much and it rated 95% :o no more than 35dB would be acceptable.

Jim Sks

_MT_

Quote from: yatra on May 13, 2020, 08:19:28
I'd like to see the XPS with Ryzen 4000 hoping for a lower price and less throttling...
Do we know if it's in the pipes ?
Well, I don't work for Dell, but no AFAIK. Maybe next year with Ryzen 5000, but no word on XPS in particular. If you want taller screen, your best hope might be Surface Laptop 4 towards the end of the year. If you can life with its peculiarities.

_MT_

Quote from: Mahdi 2002 pss on May 13, 2020, 10:56:05
I think you must reconsider Noise score for ver. 8 of your rating, 40dB for such little guy is too much and it rated 95% :o no more than 35dB would be acceptable.
I imagine the score is not based on the maximum value. And load average value is 33.5 dB. That's 4.5 dB above ambient noise in this case. How quiet is your place? When it comes to noise and fans, bigger is generally better. You'd have to see whether there is actually a benefit to cranking the fan that high. And it's likely it offers a quieter profile for a simple solution.

Mahdi 2002 pss

Quote from: _MT_ on May 13, 2020, 13:26:42
Quote from: Mahdi 2002 pss on May 13, 2020, 10:56:05
I imagine the score is not based on the maximum value. And load average value is 33.5 dB. That's 4.5 dB above ambient noise in this case. How quiet is your place? When it comes to noise and fans, bigger is generally better. You'd have to see whether there is actually a benefit to cranking the fan that high. And it's likely it offers a quieter profile for a simple solution.

Generally we must sacrifice performance for see quieter machine! Fans of many laptops make a loud sound even when streaming and low-demand tasks and only with setting "better battery" profile you wouldn't annoy, and with that your above 8th generation laptop will perform just like 6th generation! Wasting money!!
Heating and throttling are unavoidable in laptops and for noisy ones the only way is using little fans on them such that even when they work at 5000rpm their sound would not be heared, Hp elitebook x360 1030 g3 is an example.

sonny12

No speakers test? Disappointing :/

PS: Is there a way to know which laptops are included in a single bar of the red histograms under performance bars? It would be an extremely useful feature.

robgoren

Just got this tesponse from Dell re: PWM:

"I have reached out to my team and they confirmed that all of our notebooks backlight control interface are PWM including the XPS 9300."

I'm not sure what to believe now, because Dell Tech support told me a minths ago the AUO 9380 did not use PWM. Manufacturers should be required to disclose PWM info.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview