News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tinker Edge R: Asus presents a new and powerful Raspberry Pi alternative with AI support

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2020, 17:06:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has launched a new alternative to the Raspberry Pi. Called the Tinker Edge R, the single-board computer is well suited for AI applications thanks to its powerful components.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tinker-Edge-R-Asus-presents-a-new-and-powerful-Raspberry-Pi-alternative-with-AI-support.464905.0.html

MobileJAD

This SBC has been talked about for months now and I had almost given up hope that Asus would actually release it. I've gone through several regular Tinker Boards and recently picked up the Tinker Board T. I will be getting this new Tinker Board once it goes live for sale, though I would still like to know how much they are asking for it, but it is loaded up to the brim with goodies.

riklaunim

There is a large amount of designs based around RK3399Pro. Aliexpress is full of them. There are also stand-alone edge NPU chips based on the NPU unit from the pro.

David S Zimmerman

It's available now.. just search for it. B&H has them for $200 ea. Not exactly Raspberry Pi competition as implied. Looks like a sweet board though.

Derek

"Raspberry Pi alternative" should be defined as something that performs similarly and costs under $60.  Please stop trying to imply otherwise.

spuwho

They can be ordered off AliExpress for $284.

Its the Tinker T that is $200, not the Tinker R.

I agree, stop copy and pasting the sales material that tries to ride on the tail of the RaspPi.

These are not $40 boards.

Ed Ed

Bob

I have 2 Tinker S boards and wouldn't buy another SBC from ASUS. They had no support or engagement with the community when I used to just their boards. The community was very friendly and helpful but it was small.

What?

I don't know where you guys are seeing these, but if you can manage to find the tinker edge r, please tell me where... I'm seeing nothing about availability or pricing for this model.

There's tinker boards on B&H and Aliexpress, but the specific board this article is about is literally nowhere to be found.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview