News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Early Dell XPS 15 9500 product page confirms design changes, configurations and an eye-catching Arctic White version

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2020, 16:50:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell China has jumped the gun and has listed the XPS 15 9500 early. Starting at CNY 10,999 (~US$1,549), the XPS 15 9500 will come with minuscule bezels, modern internal components and even an Arctic White version.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Early-Dell-XPS-15-9500-product-page-confirms-design-changes-configurations-and-an-eye-catching-Arctic-White-version.464882.0.html

R3B0RN

I had already 2 XPS models(from different year s) yet this is the most disappointing...wtf is this all usbc no usba

Eugene K

So interesting laptop and so disappointing keyboard layout :( Home End PgUp PgDn must be separate keys, otherwise I don't know for whom this laptop is

Fiwkdj

Wait, what the hell is up with this layout? Shortened Arrow keys, no separate PG down/up keys and the best one, shifted delete key? What the hell is this? I wanted to buy this laptop for programming...

Loulou

Quote from: Eugene K on May 12, 2020, 19:23:56
So interesting laptop and so disappointing keyboard layout :( Home End PgUp PgDn must be separate keys, otherwise I don't know for whom this laptop is

Buy a ThinkPad

Loulou

Quote from: Fiwkdj on May 12, 2020, 20:25:42
Wait, what the hell is up with this layout? Shortened Arrow keys, no separate PG down/up keys and the best one, shifted delete key? What the hell is this? I wanted to buy this laptop for programming...

Buy a ThinkPad become a professional

Eugene K

Quote from: Loulou on May 12, 2020, 21:38:07
Thinkpad is indeed better (except that ugly red thing in the middle, haha). Best examples in my opinion are keyboard layout as in Spectre x360 or Zephyrus GU502. In other words, separate vertical column with these keys. How work can be productive without these keys? And more and more producers do such crazy things with keyboards. I understand if it happens with gaming laptops. But with professional devices like XPS this is a shame. Sorry, I was just waiting for this laptop and now have to forget about it because of this.

CyrusLeung

But Dell's XPS 15 9500 sell 10999RMB with 10 Gen i5-10300H CPU, 8GB DDR4 3200MHz(2933MHz Ach), 2x4G and 512GB PCIe SSD CL 40 !!  Is better than Macbook Pro 2020 8 Gen sell 9999RMB?

Simba2585

Hao Ruan

I thought German are supposed to be rigorous about truth. I guess I'm wrong then. How the f*** did you invent "Arctic" white??? The Chinese translate to Silicon fiber white. And it only applies to C side. Also, it is not available on Dell China.

Tony

Fiwkdj

Quote from: Loulou on May 12, 2020, 21:38:07
Quote from: Fiwkdj on May 12, 2020, 20:25:42

I should't be forced to buy special laptop to use keyboard with standard, usable layout. Now not only I will have to focus more to use arrow keys, but to press delete key too.

Fiwkdj

I guess I am stuck with buying msi laptop. They are ugly, but at least usable. One of the last manufacturers with regular, usable keyboard layouts, normal Arrow keys, PG dn/up and other keys which I do not have to mention because it is obvious not to change them.

MeepMoop

With regards to the keyboard, I'll just remap the keys to work as I want. Too bad that the delete key is misplaced, but "Shift + Backspace" will probably be a good candidate.
The price though...

JustTelling

With that price I can't see any reason why anyone would buy this instead of Macbook Pro 16. Unlike Dells, Macs actually have good resale value.

Price is the main thing that separates this from Mac! That i7/16gb RAM/512gb SSD config needs to be far below $2000 mark

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview