News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi will soon be launching new Ryzen 4000 laptops with the RedmiBook 13, RedmiBook 14S, and RedmiBook 16

Started by Redaktion, May 09, 2020, 12:17:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A tipster has reported that Xiaomi will be launching three new RedmiBook laptops featuring Ryzen 4000 APUs at some point later this month. The RedmiBook 13, RedmiBook 14S, and RedmiBook 16 will come with Ryzen 5 processors, with speculation settling on the probable selection of the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U as the APU of choice.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-will-soon-be-launching-new-Ryzen-4000-laptops-with-the-RedmiBook-13-RedmiBook-14S-and-RedmiBook-16.464428.0.html

Kenan

Both RedmiBook 13 and 14 (intel model only) are on sale in china rn (they weren't two days ago), so it makes perfect sense, plus, they'll be among the first to adopt new Ryzen 4000 in their laptops, let's be honest, there aren't that many options in the market just yet.
I just hope the discussed 4500U won't be the only option and more powerful models be offered as well.
I myself am in the market for a reasonably price thin and light notebook, and the only reason I've waited these past few weeks is Ryzen 4000. This can actually be perfect for me.
And I can't help but imagine, what if they updated their gaming laptop with Ryzen 4000 as well...

DougJudy

This is great to see. While mainstream pc manufacturers are locked into intel and nvidia contracts that don't allow them to make a decent ultrabook without slapping an mx250/mx350 in it or a regular notebook without compromises like bad screen and build quality to brand them as cheap, brands like xiaomi and huawei are picking up the slack

Slap a thunderbolt controller in there and this would be a killer deal, but it's still great none the less

gtom

I understand that 13 and 14 inch models will go with Ryzen 5 for price and cost but especially 16 inch model could be equipped with Ryzen 7 4800/4900 at least as an optional configuration.

I've been using Xiaomi Mi Air 13 and it just works. No issues so far.

Wodge

Quote from: DougJudy on May 09, 2020, 15:51:48
...While mainstream pc manufacturers are locked into intel and nvidia contracts that don't allow them to make a decent ultrabook without slapping an mx250/mx350...
Slap a thunderbolt controller in there...
The APU on the 4800H outperforms mx250 with less complexity therefore better temperatures and power usage. Also less software.
Official Thunderbolt certification is given by Intel only so CPUs computers won't ever be getting this, however technically some USB-C connections are almost entirely compatible with thunderbolt, you'll be glad to hear.

DougJudy

Quote from: Wodge on May 09, 2020, 18:01:54
The APU on the 4800H outperforms mx250 with less complexity therefore better temperatures and power usage. Also less software.

My point exactly ;)

Official Thunderbolt certification is given by Intel only so CPUs computers won't ever be getting this, however technically some USB-C connections are almost entirely compatible with thunderbolt, you'll be glad to hear.

I don't know what you mean, the controller is not in any cpu (be it intel or amd), it needs to be implemented and connected to pcie. In terms of intel owning it, they opened the standard a couple years ago, there are even pcie thunderbolt add on cards, i think manufacturers are just either lazy, cheap or tied by contracts designed to stifle competition to not implement the tecnhology in amd laptops (or a combination of the three).

I know usb c is very good, but there are things that it simply cannot do (only has 4 lanes as opposed to 8, after connecting 2 lanes for displays (or even 4 in some cases) you don't have a lot letf)

DougJudy

Quote from: DougJudy on May 09, 2020, 15:51:48
...While mainstream pc manufacturers are locked into intel and nvidia contracts that don't allow them to make a decent ultrabook without slapping an mx250/mx350...

my point exactly  ;)

Mikoto

I wouldn't buy laptop from Xiaomi and there r several reasons for that 1# it may be cheap but it might come with adware already installed in it 2# I wouldn't get surprised if I find backdoor in it 3# main reason Xiaomi have bad reputation in Heat Transfer means considering their mobiles heating up quite lot same situation for laptops r worse case scenario 4# build quality matters in laptops and I'm not talking about only exteriors interior quality is what matters the most.

lalka123

Quote from: Mikoto on May 10, 2020, 07:40:44
I wouldn't buy laptop from Xiaomi and there r several reasons for that 1# it may be cheap but it might come with adware already installed in it 2# I wouldn't get surprised if I find backdoor in it 3# main reason Xiaomi have bad reputation in Heat Transfer means considering their mobiles heating up quite lot same situation for laptops r worse case scenario 4# build quality matters in laptops and I'm not talking about only exteriors interior quality is what matters the most.
Cool story bruh. The real Xiaomi laptops are excellent devices. Mi Notebook Pro, Mi Notebook Air and 12" model.

RinzImpulse

Quote from: Mikoto on May 10, 2020, 07:40:44
fun fact, the only adware available on laptop/pc is Windows itself. Reinstall your windows and you can ezly see many adware even without OEM's preloaded app
Quote from: lalka123 on May 10, 2020, 20:27:08
Cool story bruh. The real Xiaomi laptops are excellent devices. Mi Notebook Pro, Mi Notebook Air and 12" model.
Disagree. Display sucks, too expensive, bad long term wobble lids. The only good they have is battery life

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview