News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Exorbitant Xiaomi Mi 10 price tags for the Indian market lead smartphone users into taking a closer look at the OnePlus 8 Pro

Started by Redaktion, May 08, 2020, 13:12:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The prices for Xiaomi Mi 10 smartphones for the Indian market have been revealed and have shocked fans expecting something more affordable. For example, the Xiaomi Mi 10 with 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage will cost ₹49,999 (US$662). This has led to many comments that smartphone users will be considering a OnePlus 8 Pro purchase instead.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Exorbitant-Xiaomi-Mi-10-price-tags-for-the-Indian-market-lead-smartphone-users-into-taking-a-closer-look-at-the-OnePlus-8-Pro.464374.0.html

Vinay Kumar

Shocking prices of Xiaomi Mi10.
Unexpected.Taken the world by surprise.What is Xiaomi going to achieve.Personally I feel Xiaomi will loose present customers.

nostromov

Quote from: Vinay Kumar on May 09, 2020, 16:09:51Shocking prices of Xiaomi Mi10

They had kept at the(ir) low-pricing for quite a while, kinda made me believe that they will remain a fair company (as in: fair-play).

I guess that just NOT enough people (in the world) were appreciative of this - and, also, not every model can suit every person... For example this had made me purchase the (ridiculously expensive!) OnePlus 7T Pro, as I didn't wait for the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium to arrive here (both are SD855+ and very simlar specs, cameras).

$450 for the Xiaomi and $700+ for the OnePlus, a clear rip-off, meh.

Also another example (that I remember!) is the Xiaomi Mi A2 which had been virtually the same as the Nokia 6.1; except Xiaomi cost ~$200, while Nokia had priced theirs at $400 - and then had to (!) come down to $300 once the Mi A2 hit the market...

^^ Talking about the Android One version of Nokia, ofc.

I don't understand it, people are throwing their money away at +$1000 devices which have the exact-same specs as much, much lower-priced Xiaomi (and just very few other manufacturers, err, if any), because of some gimmick that the iPhone, or Samsung may have.

(Whether they're being stupid and looking for a "status symbol", or are getting sucked-in by the marketing, or some possible "deal" - which'll, always, come out to cost the same.)

I suppose that Xiaomi had to, finally, give-in (or sink, or something) and this is very unfortunate; as, they've been a BEACON of good will (and hope for humanity, LOL). I feel as though all is lost now, blah. xD

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe I've gone with the OnePlus because of their trade-in program; but, it's clearly the wrong decision - a costly mistake, even though the OnePlus 7T Pro is pretty awesome - Xiaomi will always have better deals... Really, hopefully what's going on now with their new pricing is just because of 5G, or something.

JoeRodge

I own the Mi 9 and went with the OnePlus 8 Pro over the Mi 10 Pro. It's sad because I really liked Xiaomi. the OnePlus software experience is so much better. They really messed up big time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview