News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U, Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U, and Ryzen 3 Pro 4450U now official and set to debut on the Lenovo ThinkPad T14, T14s, X13, and more

Started by Redaktion, May 07, 2020, 15:03:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Business laptops sporting AMD Ryzen Pro CPUs have always been hard to come by and even when they appear, most are of the budget variety. The new Zen 2 Ryzen PRO 4000U series is looking to change that by offering much faster performance than before on higher-end laptop models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-Pro-4750U-Ryzen-5-Pro-4650U-and-Ryzen-3-Pro-4450U-now-official-and-set-to-debut-on-the-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-T14s-X13-and-more.464235.0.html

davids

No 35/45W CPUs as well for Thinkpads. Shame, you would think their primary goal was to sell their products.

Valantar

Quote from: davids on May 07, 2020, 16:44:31
No 35/45W CPUs as well for Thinkpads. Shame, you would think their primary goal was to sell their products.
No reason for that - there are plenty of Core i-equipped Thinkpads without vPro, so they could just use regular H-series APUs for that type of performance. 45W Ryzen Pro is unlikely simply due to the small size of such a market.

Michael Flatman

Those mentioning H series CPUs.. Remember manafacturers are free to adjust powerlimits to what they want. A U series Ryzen CPU will perform the same as an H series CPU at equivalent power limits. The only difference is the H letter.
I'd prefer to have a 4750U at 25w power limit.

dvch

i am awaiting for 15' www kuzniewski.pl/p64342,lenovo-thinkpad-l15-20u70004pb-amd-ryzen-7-pro-4%750u-15-6-full-hd-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-amd-radeon-vega-8-windows-10-pro-pakiet-uslug-i-wysylka-w-cenie.html

Aegis

Quote from: davids on May 07, 2020, 16:44:31

Dude, Thinkpad T and X series always have U series CPUs. These 2 series are targeting the business market. Battery life, durability and weight are the most important aspects in this market while performance is way back.

If you are looking for high-performance laptops, then you are looking at the wrong lineup. Thinkpad P series is the workstation lineup and Legion series is the gaming lineup. Not every laptop has to be high-performance.

Valantar

Quote from: Michael Flatman on May 07, 2020, 19:53:11
Those mentioning H series CPUs.. Remember manafacturers are free to adjust powerlimits to what they want. A U series Ryzen CPU will perform the same as an H series CPU at equivalent power limits. The only difference is the H letter.
I'd prefer to have a 4750U at 25w power limit.
True, but there's a significant difference between 25W and 45W. And no OEM is going to make a laptop with an U-sereies APU configured to 45W (if AMD would even let them) - it would be impossible to market and sell.

Still, everything presented here is either budget or thin and light, so U-series is the right choice. I just hope the T14s or X13 come with 25W configured chips (and preferably decent FreeSync screens).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview