News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaked Surface Go 2 images confirm design changes, optional 256 GB SSD and compatibility with existing accessories; no ARM model though

Started by Redaktion, May 05, 2020, 19:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Leaked images of the Surface Go 2 confirm that Microsoft has given its new baby 2-in-1 a more modern look. The Surface Go 2 uses the same chassis as its predecessor though, providing backwards-compatibility with existing accessories. However, there is no ARM model and a Core m3-8100Y model will retail for a disappointingly high €629.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-Surface-Go-2-images-confirm-design-changes-optional-256-GB-SSD-and-compatibility-with-existing-accessories-no-ARM-model-though.464130.0.html

opelit

Little guide how to build perfect web browsing device and destroy it by putting the worst possible internals. No one care it would not support x86 apps if they install 7cx/7c

Its device that no one even think about running photoshop, AutoCAD, or ancient apps.

It's to browse web (native Edge), check e-mail (native outlook) or watch Netflix (UWP app) .

It could easily sell at 449$ for 7c Snapdragon with LTE at base. Meanwhile, it got 3y old Y CPU as alternative which cost $600+ and still not LTE. Idk if they know that 8cx is faster than i5-8150u 8250u, so the 7c could easly beat the 8100Y by a lot. No to mention that battery would sky rocket to 20h.

So for now I recommend to anyone upcoming Lenovo IdeaPad Duet for $279. It even comes with Keyboard at base. LTE. While for $40 more 128GB

Daniel Ridenhour

I like the Duet... I wish its screen was 3:2 and a bit bigger like the Go... but I have zero interest in an ARM windows machine.   Lots of choices for surfing the web and doing 'modern' connected app stuff...  A big part of windows for many is the Legacy apps...  lots of things that just aren't available anywhere else...  so why castrate Windows functionality to make it a glorified web device... chromebooks, android, iOS, etc. all do that already.  Btw... there is an i3-8130u and an i5-8250u... haven't heard of an i5-8150u though.  I looked, thought it might be a low power i5 I missed but nope. 

noss

@openlit, not everyone on the world has the same use case as you. I bought my surface go mostly for writing my papers for my masters degree, but right now I'm sitting here on the train using Revizto and Navisworks to get some work done. I took the time out to read about the surface go 2 while waiting for some stuff to load in Revizto. I higher powered go is perfect for me and others that don't need the size of the pro. x86/x84 apps aren't dead and a massive proportion of the population still rely on them and will for a long time.

The device that you want already exists, it's call the Surface Pro X.

S.Yu

Incredible how MS pricing leaves everybody shaking their heads every time! These should be sub-$300 devices.

John-Patrick McNown

Even a slight upgrade on the Surface Go is welcome. Internal LTE is a deal breaker for me, so options are limited. Admittedly less spec'd out than I hoped for, but it'll serve it's purpose. I wonder how many Go owners are bashing the emmc model they got? That's a different level of crap.

I tried to use the Surface Pro X, but with as fast as it is, the point is defeated when it's gotta emulate x86/32, which is pretty much always. As an added bonus, the Surface Pro X can't run x86/64 apps at all, emulated or not. Hows that considered forward looking tech? Another added bonus, when you try and run incompatible apps on the Surface Pro X....cross your fingers, as even official Windows updates regularly result in a need to completely reload the OS. Thankfully, it's got a good battery, so you can reload the OS 5-6 times on a single charge.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview