News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple brings two new 28 W processors to MacBook Pro with up to 32 GB of RAM and a 4 TB SSD; no 14.1-inch display upgrade though, while two Thunderbolt 3 models remain on Kaby Lake architecture

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2020, 18:37:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new MacBook Pro is here, but it is may not quite be what you had expected. Starting at US$1,299, Apple has included its new Magic Keyboard, up to 32 GB of RAM and 4 TB of SSD storage and a choice of four processors. There is no 14.1-inch display though or any Ryzen 4000 Renoir processor options. Surprisingly, there are two quad-core 8th-generation Kaby Lake processors and two new 28 W Ice Lake processors from which to choose. An Ice Lake MacBook Pro 13 will set you back at least US$1,799, though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-brings-two-new-28-W-processors-to-MacBook-Pro-with-up-to-32-GB-of-RAM-and-a-4-TB-SSD-no-14-1-inch-display-upgrade-though-while-two-Thunderbolt-3-models-remain-on-Kaby-Lake-architecture.463729.0.html

william blake

4 cores->4 cores +200usd
16gb ram->32gb ram +400usd
256 ssd->512 ssd +200usd
i guess my favorite is this:
4 kaby lake cores-> 4 kaby lake cores +300usd
i love apple and apple users

tipoo

The base model remaining on 8th gen when even the Air is all 10th gen is strange and disappointing. Given that the 28W upgrade model has Ice Lake, it definitely would have been an upgrade for the 15W model, and we saw as much in the lower wattage Air.

More waiting here. Hopefully the base model isn't left behind on the next Tiger Lake upgrade, maybe the higher end model gets first dibs on Mini LED to differentiate.

Marko

I really like how you're emphasizing no AMD 4000 Renoir. As an Apple customer, I pay premium for best components and AMD's 4000 lineup is no brainer best APU.
Thanks notebookcheck, this is kind of pressure on OEM's that we want to see in articles.

_MT_

Quote from: tipoo on May 04, 2020, 20:29:06
The base model remaining on 8th gen when even the Air is all 10th gen is strange and disappointing. Given that the 28W upgrade model has Ice Lake, it definitely would have been an upgrade for the 15W model, and we saw as much in the lower wattage Air.
Air benefited mainly from the doubling of the number of cores. Pro 13 already had four cores.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview