News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and Intel Core i3-10100 clash in benchmark battle of the budget titans with the spoils ultimately shared

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2020, 10:01:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Benchmark comparisons between the AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and Intel Core i3-10100 desktop processors have been dug up that show the two budget rivals offering up a fair contest against each other. The chips were tested on 3DMark's Fire Strike and Time Spy benchmarks, with the AMD part edging the former and the Intel CPU stronger in the latter.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-3-3100-and-Intel-Core-i3-10100-clash-in-benchmark-battle-of-the-budget-titans-with-the-spoils-ultimately-shared.463647.0.html

Dharan

I believe Intel Core i3 is the winner here as it has an additional iGPU. AMD needs to release their Zen2 based APUs to compete...

Spunjji

Quote from: Dharan on May 04, 2020, 12:52:23
I believe Intel Core i3 is the winner here as it has an additional iGPU. AMD needs to release their Zen2 based APUs to compete...

Factor in the cost difference between both the CPU and the motherboards required and you're back to a draw *at best*.

Factor in the benefits of a non-Intel GPU driver, future upgrades on the same platform, power usage, and the boxed cooler, and AMD runs away with it.

Ciro

Quote from: Spunjji on May 04, 2020, 16:53:02

Factor in the cost difference between both the CPU and the motherboards required and you're back to a draw *at best*.

Factor in the benefits of a non-Intel GPU driver, future upgrades on the same platform, power usage, and the boxed cooler, and AMD runs away with it.
Intel Comet Mobo price +$23 is ≥ Discrete GPU?
I don't think so. There will be cheap comet lake boards for that market, maybe not at launch though. We will see...

Bo Shumok

There are no more cpu options (from this point on) with Ryzen than there is with 10th gen Intel. Ryzen has one more (Ryzen 4000) and Intel has one more (11th gen Rocket Lake). They are equally viable for most people in my opinion, with Comet Lake being very close to Ryzen 3000 performance. Though, if you are someone that can leverage very high core counts...I don't think 11th gen Intel (Rocket Lake) will match the 4900X/4950X that AMD will be releasing. So stick with AMD if you can take advantage of those ultra high core counts. For lower to midrange users, I think you can go either way with AM4 winding down. Lean towards AMD if security and power efficiency are concerns, and lean towards Intel if ultra high end competitive AAA gaming w/the highest end GPU's is everything.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview