News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion 5 with AMD Ryzen 4800H is now customizable

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2020, 22:59:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Announced to be available in May, the Lenovo Legion 5 with AMD CPUs (as well as Intel processors) is already orderable now at the tail end of April.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-5-with-AMD-Ryzen-4800H-is-now-customizable.463396.0.html

Joel

Muhammad Anhar

Why the best AMD configuration not getting 1660 Ti? Even Asus G14 can be equipped with RTX 2060 Max-Q

King

Yes, Lenovo, someone is definitely going to buy a 1650 Ti for $1739.

If the 7i is going to follow a similar pricing scheme, they won't sell a single Legion laptop this year.

IntelHater666

While there are delays in implementing RTX 2070 or better cards with Ryzen 4000, there is no excuse for the limitation of up to a 1650Ti and the base model only having the hitler 66% sRGB 120Hz s*** PEE ESS panel.

They should just thicken the bezels and add the 120Hz TN panel with 94% NTSC, along with maxing out the SKU at an RTX 2060 90W, for at least a good mid ranger!

Dan Ridenhour

So the top of the line Legion 5 is speced out like a base model asus A15.  Other than screen brightness, anything else worth the $500-$700 additional green.    You can get a great 4k external monitor for $500.   Just saying.

xixihaha

Yaroslav

So there won't be an AMD version with RTX 2060 at all? Or there is a chance it will be added later? If no is that mean that it's better to buy Intel version this year?

Dharan

The OEMs behavior towards AMD Renoir processors just asking me to tell them one thing... it is "Go fk yourselves...".. Why they are keeping high end RTX 2070,2080 Gfx Intel exclusive... I really want to sue these OEMs in court...

Aegis

Quote from: Yaroslav on May 01, 2020, 07:35:12
So there won't be an AMD version with RTX 2060 at all? Or there is a chance it will be added later? If no is that mean that it's better to buy Intel version this year?

There will be, at least for some of the regions, this will happen in the 2nd half of the year.

Aegis

Quote from: Dharan on May 01, 2020, 09:37:12
The OEMs behavior towards AMD Renoir processors just asking me to tell them one thing... it is "Go fk yourselves...".. Why they are keeping high end RTX 2070,2080 Gfx Intel exclusive... I really want to sue these OEMs in court...

Intel has been dominating the high-end mobile CPU for decades and we all know how AMD 3rd gen mobile CPU performs last year. For OEM companies, they are uncertain whether the customers would like AMD CPUs. It makes sense for them to put AMD CPUs in the budget and mid-range lineups to test how the market reacts. I mean, it is way too risky to put it in their flagship lineup right away.

Rozin

What? Are they lying now? They promised the base model for $759. Overpriced... Overpriced.....

Aegis

Quote from: Rozin on May 01, 2020, 10:31:32
What? Are they lying now? They promised the base model for $759. Overpriced... Overpriced.....

Wait for the discounts, sales and e-coupons, Lenovo does that regularly.

william blake

Quote from: Aegis on May 01, 2020, 10:08:59
Intel has been dominating the high-end mobile CPU for decades and we all know how AMD 3rd gen mobile CPU performs last year. For OEM companies, they are uncertain whether the customers would like AMD CPUs. It makes sense for them to put AMD CPUs in the budget and mid-range lineups to test how the market reacts. I mean, it is way too risky to put it in their flagship lineup right away.
explain less options for amd and higher prices for intel in the same chassis :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview