News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD and Samsung's upcoming mobile GPU reportedly 'destroys' the Adreno 650 in GFXBench

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2020, 17:03:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD's upcoming mobile graphics chip reportedly outperforms the Qualcomm Adreno 650 by a significant margin on GFXBench. According to a post on a Korean tech forum, the yet-to-be-named chip trounced the Qualcomm GPU by a factor of three in some tests. We can expect to see Samsung unveil this new GPU by 2021.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-and-Samsung-s-upcoming-mobile-GPU-reportedly-destroys-the-Adreno-650-in-GFXBench.463359.0.html

opelit

Can we wish Samsung portable console?
They have own memory, ram, screens, chips. They could earn a lot o money on portable gaming. And I believe Samsung could make it.

Colby

It isn't all that surprising. Adreno is actually based off old AMD tech. Of course Qualcomm has updated it but I wouldn't be surprised if AMD wasn't able to spank them in graphics with graphics IP 10 years newer.

RinzImpulse

no matter what, Exynos is currently hot as hell and inefficient. Samsung really needs to step up their game

anonymouse

Quote from: Colby on April 30, 2020, 19:34:54
It isn't all that surprising. Adreno is actually based off old AMD tech. Of course Qualcomm has updated it but I wouldn't be surprised if AMD wasn't able to spank them in graphics with graphics IP 10 years newer.

Most modern non-xe graphics are based on the super old 915, that tungsten graphics made for intel back in the heyday. Almost all modern Intel HD/Iris graphics are largely this architecture. Many small changes, but even the Linux driver used is still i915

Search stack exchange for "why-is-the-intel-hd-graphics-driver-called-i915" I can't link here.

To put this into perspective, that same architecture, on mobile Intel 10th gen chips, was able to push AMD's Vega around a bit, and that was basically from the Pentium 4 era.

Anil Ganti

masterYun

Maybe we can compare with 5700xt that is also RDNA based and find Exynos 1000(doesn't matter what's the name) is about a third of the performance of 5700xt? tell me it is on mobile devices.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview