News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaked roadmap suggests AMD Zen 4 desktop CPUs with DDR5 support may only launch in 2022, no relevant AMD CPU launches planned for 2021?

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2020, 16:43:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The roadmap leaked by a trusted source close to GamersNexus shows how AMD may skip 2021 entirely and launch the Zen 4 desktop CPUs along with the Zen 3 APUs in 2022 with support for DDR5 RAM and USB 4.0, citing the current uncertain economic climate brought upon by the global pandemic.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-roadmap-suggests-AMD-Zen-4-desktop-CPUs-with-DDR5-support-may-only-launch-in-2022-no-relevant-AMD-CPU-launches-planned-for-2021.463331.0.html

william blake

dont care about their pace, they already made a revolution with zen-2 cores, but why this hide and seek game again?

8&8

I don't understand Zen3 APU with Navi23 that is 240mm^2 that is too large for a Desktop CPU even with 8c/16t. In APU they went slowly, and I was expecting in RDNA1 Navi14 that is nearer of sizes of a CPU, specially for 7nm+ or ++. . Navi23 is larger than navi10 (RX 5700XT) that is large 231mm^2 (and with EUV process could be even smaller , perfect for an APU).
UHm...I think that it is for a Threadripper.

Sinocelt

That doesn't make sense to me. If Zen 4 is on track for 2021, then why delay it? To give Intel a chance to catch up? Most of the research money has already been invested, so not cashing up on it makes little sense. Intel still sells more than AMD despite AMD's current technical advantage; if AMD wants to have any chance of convincing OEMs to drop old allegiances to the blue team, they have to offer processors that are not just better than Intel's, but so much better that OEMs are left with no choice but to make the switch.

Roger Barrett

If the rumour is true, the reason probably has more to do with the global supply chain dislocation caused by COVID-19 than any technical or marketing choice.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview