News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony WH-1000XM4: Leaked product listing confirms design changes, Bluetooth 5.0, and 40 mm drivers; no support for aptX or aptX HD expected though

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2020, 14:28:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Costing US$349.99 at launch, the WH-1000XM4 include several design changes from the WH-1000XM3, along with Bluetooth 5.0 and 40 mm drivers. Battery life should be improved too, but do not get your hopes up for aptX or aptX HD support.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-WH-1000XM4-Leaked-product-listing-confirms-design-changes-Bluetooth-5-0-and-40-mm-drivers-no-support-for-aptX-or-aptX-HD-expected-though.463338.0.html

heffeque

Hopefully they've fixed the microphone underwhelming performance during calls and... it's totally a winner in my book!

S.Yu

I don't think I encountered any EQ issues with LDAC, the EQ should be a function of the player, which is a step before transcoding and transmission, what is "Sony EQ" even?

Alex Alderson

Quote from: S.Yu on May 01, 2020, 01:45:26
I don't think I encountered any EQ issues with LDAC, the EQ should be a function of the player, which is a step before transcoding and transmission, what is "Sony EQ" even?

It is within the Sony Headphones app.

Sony enables EQ customisation for SBC, but not LDAC.

S.Yu

Quote from: Alex Alderson on May 01, 2020, 09:38:19

...What's the point? Most of your players come with some sort of EQ and are applied before transcoding to wireless codecs, AFAIK this prevents further quality loss associated with manipulating an already lossy signal, you know what you're suggesting sounds like trying to pull the curve of a JPG instead of doing that with the RAW before outputting to JPG.

Alex Alderson

Quote from: S.Yu on May 02, 2020, 02:39:48

...What's the point? Most of your players come with some sort of EQ and are applied before transcoding to wireless codecs, AFAIK this prevents further quality loss associated with manipulating an already lossy signal, you know what you're suggesting sounds like trying to pull the curve of a JPG instead of doing that with the RAW before outputting to JPG.

Respectfully, it doesn't, and I wasn't suggesting anything. Merely, I was pointing out something that many WH-1000XM owners consider to be an issue. Just because you disagree doesn't mean that they're wrong or misinformed.

Setting the EQ within that app applies it globally; there is no need to app additional EQs on a per app basis. It also covers apps like YouTube that lack an EQ.

Jonathan Coachman

Who cares about aptX or aptX HD when Sony made the far superior LDAC, which is now supported in all Android devices not just Sony's.

S.Yu

Quote from: Alex Alderson on May 02, 2020, 02:53:57
Quote from: S.Yu on May 02, 2020, 02:39:48

Respectfully, it doesn't, and I wasn't suggesting anything. Merely, I was pointing out something that many WH-1000XM owners consider to be an issue. Just because you disagree doesn't mean that they're wrong or misinformed.

Setting the EQ within that app applies it globally; there is no need to app additional EQs on a per app basis. It also covers apps like YouTube that lack an EQ.
lol, EQ on Youtube, somebody who could live with Youtube's playback quality requires an EQ, very interesting. I guess it does make sense that way.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview