News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-10900K hands out huge Time Spy CPU Score but gets unsurprisingly left far behind by AMD Ryzen 9 3950X in Cinebench R15 multi-core comparison

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2020, 13:47:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel's new Comet Lake Core i9-10900K has been spotted in a couple of benchmarks. The 10-core desktop processor performed incredibly well in 3DMark's Time Spy where it produced a high CPU score. However, the i9-10900K fared much worse in a Cinebench R15 multi-core comparison, lagging far behind a 16-core AMD Ryzen 9 3950X chip.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-10900K-hands-out-huge-Time-Spy-CPU-Score-but-gets-unsurprisingly-left-far-behind-by-AMD-Ryzen-9-3950X-in-Cinebench-R15-multi-core-comparison.463332.0.html

Dewayne Thomas

Yeah, let's make it a fair comparison. Ryzen 9 3900X comes in at 430 dollars, comes with a fan, uses far less watts, and still competes in the single thread, and still crushes in multicore. Oh, and you can throw it into a 50 dollar motherboard and still get those results. Yuh know, just to keep it fair. I can't wait for Ryzen 4000.

flop

_MT_

Quote from: Daniel R Deakin
Considering the differences between the two Intel parts, you would expect a much greater improvement from the Intel Core i9-10900K chip anyway, but this new result is still outstanding.
You would what? They added two cores (10 vs. 8), that's +25 %. And the boost went up by 6 % I believe (5.3 vs 5 GHz). If you combine it, it gives you 32.5 %. Not that it makes much sense as it's single core boost, not all core boost. All core boost went up by 2 % (4.8 vs 4.7 I believe) which would give you just under 28 %. And it scored 46 % higher. One of us has funky math. The R15 multi-core difference Asus presents is pretty close to that at just under 31 %.

dasllkdsakdas

Quote from: flop on April 30, 2020, 17:42:22
The Ryzen 9 has been available for a long time now. Next gen Zen is already around the corner.
Yeah, the corner is end of this year. Just around the corner...

Martin Rapavý

It is actually already here, just not the desktop parts yet.

But check out the mobile parts to get a peek at what to expect in the autumn.

RinzImpulse

Quote from: Martin Rapavý on May 01, 2020, 01:19:53
It is actually already here, just not the desktop parts yet.

But check out the mobile parts to get a peek at what to expect in the autumn.

No. Mobile APU is using Zen 2 and mobile APU is pretty much different when compared to desktop as they're tunned to be power efficient

Alex544

Quote from: Dewayne Thomas on April 30, 2020, 15:53:00
Yeah, let's make it a fair comparison. Ryzen 9 3900X comes in at 430 dollars, comes with a fan, uses far less watts, and still competes in the single thread, and still crushes in multicore. Oh, and you can throw it into a 50 dollar motherboard and still get those results. Yuh know, just to keep it fair. I can't wait for Ryzen 4000.
Too bad the 3900x still loses to the 8700k in gaming
And please don't pair the 3900X with a $50 motherboard lmao

Quan

Quote from: Dewayne Thomas on April 30, 2020, 15:53:00
Don't be an idiot, the Ryzen9 3900X certainly isn't 430USD normally and you wouldn't throw in a 50usd mobo lmao

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview