News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Huawei P20 Pro and P20 join the Mate 10 Pro outside Huawei's security update schedule

Started by Redaktion, April 29, 2020, 11:13:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A few months after delisting the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro from its security update schedule, Huawei has now given its other Kirin 970-powered phones, the P20 and P20 Pro, the same treatment. The devices are missing from the company's official security update bulletin for May and do not appear on either the monthly or quarterly sections.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Huawei-P20-Pro-and-P20-join-the-Mate-10-Pro-outside-Huawei-s-security-update-schedule.463144.0.html

Noel Duke

Another reason this will be the first and last Huawei I ever purchase. Still waiting for update beyond 9.1 and now not included on the security update lists. Welcome back Samsung!

Michael Watson

Likewise, been stuck on 9.1 for ages. Being shunned like this for the P20 Pro is a joke, dumped in the hope that will stay loyal for the next upgrade when contract is up. Not likely if that is the way the device gets treated for Android  versions. Haven't had anything since way last year. Time to change devices. No word of 10.0 at all in the UK

Teresa Parsloe

Not a happy bunny right now. I bought my p20 pro last year. Been stuck with 9.1, and now we are being dumped.. Won't be buying another huawei  >:D

Elky64

Notice a couple weeks ago the P20 and Pro vanished from Huawei's list. Over the two year period I received approx 12 security patches in total, so half of what they said it get. Months behind now! Love the hardware but the support has been so hit-n-miss and slow, never again will we buy another Huawei device.

Quinn

this information is incorrect the p20pro will have the security updates as well as emui 10. North America will receive updates mid june. I spoke with Huawei support and have the chat transcript.

Aaron

Wow...all of you that have any recent updates at all are lucky. I have a P20 Pro stuck on 9.0.0.263 and April 2019 security updates.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Quinn on April 30, 2020, 15:27:11
this information is incorrect the p20pro will have the security updates as well as emui 10. North America will receive updates mid june. I spoke with Huawei support and have the chat transcript.

"The fact that the P20 and P20 Pro were delisted doesn't mean they've gotten to the end of their support lifespans, however, as the phones will still receive the Android 10 update. In fact, the update began rolling out outside China to the P20 Pro a short while ago. It will be the last major update the phone receives, however, with Huawei seemingly snubbing the phone in its EMUI 10.1 update roadmap."

Someone didn't read the article.

Elky64

Quote from: Quinn on April 30, 2020, 15:27:11

Well the update track record on my P20 & Pro begs to differ and I'm in North America too... EMUI 10 was initially to launch in Feb extending into Mar, now pushed back with a supposed May release. And patches on my devices have not been "introduced monthly" as Huawei claimed in writing they'd be, far from it.

Ryanjay

Looks like Huawei will just keep losing customers, which is a real shame. My P20 Pro works fine, I had no reason to change or upgrade it but What with Google apps not working on any of their newer phones, seems like I'm going to need a new manufacturer (whose phones are lesser, IMO)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview