News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaked XPS 15 9500 listing confirms it to be a step up from the XPS 15 7590 and a step down from the XPS 17 9700

Started by Redaktion, April 28, 2020, 00:53:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Leaked by Dell France alongside the XPS 17 9700 today, the XPS 15 9500 will be a significant upgrade over the XPS 15 7590, for the most part. The reduction in maximum battery capacity to an 86 Wh battery does not feel like an upgrade though, nor does the absence of all the innovations that Dell has seemingly reserved for the XPS 17 9700.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-XPS-15-9500-listing-confirms-it-to-be-a-step-up-from-the-XPS-15-7590-and-a-step-down-from-the-XPS-17-9700.463096.0.html

Noodlewasser

No Windows Hello Camera? That doesn't make sense when they even include it in the XPS 13. Could it be that they just forgot to add it to the spec sheet?

jeremy

Spec sheet also claims a power port, despite a dedicated port missing from any of the pictures.
Quote from: Noodlewasser on April 28, 2020, 01:35:56
No Windows Hello Camera? That doesn't make sense when they even include it in the XPS 13. Could it be that they just forgot to add it to the spec sheet?

A

Meh, dell already has heating problems. With those new processors, it'll be even more of an issue.

Quote from: jeremy on April 28, 2020, 04:10:32
Spec sheet also claims a power port, despite a dedicated port missing from any of the pictures.

I see the power port the photos just fine. One even labels it as #3.

hfm

Quote from: A on April 28, 2020, 04:17:40
Meh, dell already has heating problems. With those new processors, it'll be even more of an issue.

Quote from: jeremy on April 28, 2020, 04:10:32

I see the power port the photos just fine. One even labels it as #3.

That's a headphone jack

_MT_

I'm all for as big a battery as possible. The question here is whether there is empty space. If not, bigger battery would mean making it thicker or footprint and bezels larger. And we all know how that works. It doesn't seem much thinner than the predecessor but I haven't checked the numbers.

Since XPS 15 has been struggling with cooling for a while, I don't think putting a 2060 would help.

As for the vapour chamber, I can imagine it might be limited to some configurations (perhaps linked to the 2060). Sure, they could put it into the 15 as well, but the question is where is the bottle neck. Does the 17 have the same size heat exchangers and fans? Vapour chamber only helps with transferring heat from source to exchanger. It doesn't increase surface area of the exchanger or amount of air being blown across it.

Stanley625

1920x1200 on a 17" screen seems pretty mediocre for a premium overpriced laptop. They should make it 2560x1600.

Andrew

That is probably the most redundant title I've ever seen.

Grey is in between white and black. Water is in between ice and steam. COME ON man.

Mate

I wonder why Dell decided to go same way as Apple and present big laptop with only usb-c. It still doesnt make sense.

A

Quote from: Mate on April 28, 2020, 15:12:51
I wonder why Dell decided to go same way as Apple and present big laptop with only usb-c. It still doesnt make sense.

It is probably going to be more common since USB4 is USB-C. Aka, USB-A is going to be dead.

Mate

Indeed  i think five years from now most devices will use usb-c port for everything. However majority of laptops will probably still carry one usb-A port for compatibility. Especially in 17inch XPS it just doesnt feel right. So much space and connectivity like on 13inch MacbookPro...

Yoshihito

Me suspect typo in LCD specs. 15.6 in was the old 16:9 screen size. I doubt it stayed the same with the change to 16:10.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview