News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

One year on, the Samsung Galaxy S10 is the one for me

Started by Redaktion, April 26, 2020, 14:42:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Galaxy S20 series are Samsung's most ambitious devices yet, and have been painted to represent a giant leap forward. But things aren't always as they seem, and considerably better value can be found elsewhere in Samsung's own stables.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/One-year-on-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-is-the-one-for-me.462990.0.html

drspychology

I wonder how long it will take before companies understand that charging more and giving less is not a good strategy. I've been wanting to upgrade from my midrange phone to a high end phone, but none of these flagships offer any semblance of decent value. Removing essential features for me, like reasonably priced storage (which often comes in the form of microSD expansion), headphone jack, fingerprint reader, durable and repairable build quality, while offering features that, while nice, won't change how I use my smartphone, like high refresh displays, 3+ cameras,...

NickH

I've had the S20 for a week now and absolutely love it. Was a tough decision between this one and the S10. I didn't think I'd care that much about the 120hz screen, but now I think it's one of the best features. The user experience is buttery smooth. It makes opening, closing, switching, and scrolling in apps so nice. Sounds weird. But once you try it you'll see. Is it worth the price tag? Probably not, but I also wanted the other hardware specs it boasts. I came from the galaxy S4 after my S7 broke down. So either S10 or S20 would have made me very happy I'm sure.

Bored Sysadm

Few months ago my company required me to return company provided s8. Bough like new s10+ on the fleabay for $500. Zero regrets. Love the phone. 3.5mm is also crucial for me. Considered asus gaming phone for its massive battery and speedy processor, but at double the price it wasn't worth it.

Alejandro Ramírez

I actually own a Galaxy S10 Plus and is a great phone. I got it almost a year ago and I have no complains about it.

Armand Renaud

Russ

Yeah. If Samsung keeps going down this route I'll be looking elsewhere.
$1000+ phone without a headphone jack? no thanks. I switched to the galaxy s7 when Apple removed their jack, ill switch to a Samsung competitor if it doesn't return.

Shaun

I was in the market for a new phone after a rather serviceable note 4 (yes I know), contemplated both the s20+ and the note 10+. In the end went for the ASUS ROG 2 a high spec gaming phone and couldn't be happier. 12gb ram and 512gb storage plus 6000mah battery and yes a 3.5mm jack for the win

Paula Erskine

I love my S20 ultra and luckily haven't had any of the issues you've described. I could never go back. I use airpods so the jack isn't an issue for me but I can see where it would be for some. The camera is fire. I'm a food columnist and this is the first phone that I can use to take the images for my columns instead of using my camera.

Radek

What a wonderfull topic! Before two weeks I drop my Snapdragon S10 to the floor. LCD R.I.P. What to do next? So I bought Exynos S20. After one week of usage this phone I have few feelings. Display is better, much more better. Not for its 120Hz (in fact not usable cause of high battery drain, maybe if youswith to 96Hz) but for its higher brightness. Summer is slowly comming and it is really better outside on direct sun shine. I also apprecieate difference in higher earpiece volume and overall better sound production. I do not know why but I feel it. Some people are complaining about camera focus but I personally found a lot of better bokeh - it just have 2.0 focus so there must be better bokeh. I am not making photos in night or nature. Mostly I make photos of my children and other people. So it matters for me. What I hate on S20? DESIGN - it is ugly (iphone like) camera bumper swinging on the table. What a wonderfull and practical design on S10 series! Secondly battery live - it has 600Amps more but it deffinitelly not better than s10 SD 855. It is much more worse especially on calling and on idle time. May be I get 5-6 hours SOT (60Hz) but I am not gaming or wathing videos or browsing internet all the day . I am also missing headphone jack even if I have Apple Airpods. For sport I simple use wired headphones. Narrower display design is also not so practial , display has better resolution but it is too slim, and video in 20:9 noone supports. For work and email these 2mm difference is important. (yes ergonomy is better). And if you look on temperature, tech spec, and inner design - S10 is much more better even if USB-C and microphone is soldered on board. It is much more repaireable in my opinion. So ...I am buing S10 back and wait till price of S20 Snapdragon HK version will be lower and colours will be more interesting :-D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview