News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD Win Max pre-sale price for Chinese market leaked: 4,999 yuan (US$706) for a handheld gaming computer with Thunderbolt 3 and quad-core Ice Lake processor

Started by Redaktion, April 26, 2020, 13:11:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The alleged pre-sale price and post "early bird" deal price for the GPD Win Max handheld computer have been leaked ahead of its Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. The prices, which are for the Chinese market, are mentioned as 4,999 yuan (US$706) rising to 5,799 yuan (US$819) for those who don't take advantage of snapping up the GPD Win Max early enough.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-Win-Max-pre-sale-price-for-Chinese-market-leaked-4-999-yuan-US-706-for-a-handheld-gaming-computer-with-Thunderbolt-3-and-quad-core-Ice-Lake-processor.462994.0.html

It's a shame that there is no planned Renoir version. R5 4600U is absolutely ideal CPU for machine like this.

dksakdoas

Quote from: ... on April 26, 2020, 13:22:22
It's a shame that there is no planned Renoir version. R5 4600U is absolutely ideal CPU for machine like this.
I see lots of people commenting like you. Oh no, I want a Renoir version. Oh no, why there is no AMD version?
Any device,  but absolutely ANY DEVICE that an OEM or DIY builder than this is making needs support from the CPU manufacturers in schematics, design, testing, prototyping, validation, etc, etc. AMD is a VERY small company compared to Intel (10 times less employees) so they simply don't have enough human resources and budget to fund all types of NUCs, laptops and form factors, not talking about this DIY small sample thingy.
So please, before crying for a Renoir version, just understand that AMD simply doesn't have the ability to work with everyone who might want to use their products.

Quote from: dksakdoas on April 26, 2020, 13:34:59
Quote from: ... on April 26, 2020, 13:22:22
I see lots of people commenting like you. Oh no, I want a Renoir version. Oh no, why there is no AMD version?
Any device,  but absolutely ANY DEVICE that an OEM or DIY builder than this is making needs support from the CPU manufacturers in schematics, design, testing, prototyping, validation, etc, etc. AMD is a VERY small company compared to Intel (10 times less employees) so they simply don't have enough human resources and budget to fund all types of NUCs, laptops and form factors, not talking about this DIY small sample thingy.
So please, before crying for a Renoir version, just understand that AMD simply doesn't have the ability to work with everyone who might want to use their products.

I don't think that small company like GPD has some premium support from Intel. I don't think that Udoo got some premium support from AMD too for their Udoo Bolt V8 SBC. Biggest problem in my opinion right now is, that there is not enough Renoir supplies for everyone.

william blake

Quote from: dksakdoas on April 26, 2020, 13:34:59
how long this excuse will go on? 20 years? forever?
no, i understand what are you talking about, i was using exactly this excuse many times myself.
but regarding "support from the CPU manufacturers in schematics, design, testing, prototyping, validation, etc, etc".. i am very sure this sfuff is heavily overrated by all. its just a meme.
btw better to hear "we are small thus dont expect this and that" excuse directly from amd, not from forum members.
their way is extremely anti-consumer. they should have said about high end laptops in january.
you blame people for "crying", but they are crying because amd marketing promises a lot more than they able to do. ask mrs su stop lying, hiding and smiling.

GetSmart

Quote from: ... on April 26, 2020, 13:44:08I don't think that small company like GPD has some premium support from Intel. I don't think that Udoo got some premium support from AMD too for their Udoo Bolt V8 SBC. Biggest problem in my opinion right now is, that there is not enough Renoir supplies for everyone.
Look for that GPD's CEO Wade interview on PC Watch Impress. He explains the problem working with AMD compared to working with Intel. Boils down to just simply inadequte support from AMD, but on the other hand Intel always had better support even for small ODMs. As for UDOO Bolt, note the parent company is SECO which is very big OEM for embedded devices in Europe and had previously made products with AMD chips.

Quote from: GetSmart on April 26, 2020, 15:43:15
Quote from: ... on April 26, 2020, 13:44:08I don't think that small company like GPD has some premium support from Intel. I don't think that Udoo got some premium support from AMD too for their Udoo Bolt V8 SBC. Biggest problem in my opinion right now is, that there is not enough Renoir supplies for everyone.
Look for that GPD's CEO Wade interview on PC Watch Impress. He explains the problem working with AMD compared to working with Intel. Boils down to just simply inadequte support from AMD, but on the other hand Intel always had better support even for small ODMs. As for UDOO Bolt, note the parent company is SECO which is very big OEM for embedded devices in Europe and had previously made products with AMD chips.

Thanks for interesting informations.

riklaunim

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview