News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 3 3300X starts cementing its position as a budget CPU champion by beating the Intel Core i3-10300 in Time Spy benchmark

Started by Redaktion, April 25, 2020, 09:55:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An AMD Ryzen 3 3300X and an Intel Core i3-10300 have been spotted in a comparison on 3DMark's Time Spy benchmark. In another blow for Team Blue, it appears that the new budget Matisse chip from AMD has the edge on the upcoming Comet Lake processor. The Ryzen 3 3300X managed a CPU score that was +3.3% over the i3-10300's result.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-3-3300X-starts-cementing-its-position-as-a-budget-CPU-champion-by-beating-the-Intel-Core-i3-10300-in-Time-Spy-benchmark.462912.0.html

Hawkeye

I don't understand why a comparison between a 3300x and 10300 is relevant.  Overclocked cpu beats non-overclocked by just 3%.  In other words, nothing.  So if intel's turbo boost is enabled, the 3300x loses by 7%. That might be news.  But who cares? Timespy? Am I missing something?
I have to be honest, this article is of such a low standard it appears to be written by a pc illiterate.  Or even worse, copied from another site.

A

Quote from: Hawkeye on April 25, 2020, 11:42:49
I don't understand why a comparison between a 3300x and 10300 is relevant.  Overclocked cpu beats non-overclocked by just 3%.  In other words, nothing.  So if intel's turbo boost is enabled, the 3300x loses by 7%. That might be news.  But who cares? Timespy? Am I missing something?
I have to be honest, this article is of such a low standard it appears to be written by a pc illiterate.  Or even worse, copied from another site.

Not sure what is triggering you here. There is plenty of relevance to this comparison, the 3300X is 25% cheaper than 10300 while offering higher performance at lower power usage(cause of how intel does TDP) and it comes with a cooler as well.

PS Not sure what you are trying to say about turbo boost... the only thing really left out is the 3300x turbo boosts to 4.34 and not 4.3. So there is some rounding going on.

Porio

Why is Intel's i3 $30 USD more than the AMD? The performance doesn't reflect this increase. That's like the Intel tax?

heffeque

Quote from: Porio on April 25, 2020, 13:46:37
Why is Intel's i3 $30 USD more than the AMD? The performance doesn't reflect this increase. That's like the Intel tax?
It's a tax that people like Hawkeye (1st comment) are more than willing to pay.

A

Quote from: Porio on April 25, 2020, 13:46:37

$40-$50 more, cause the i3 doesn't come with a cooler which will cost you another $10-$20.

But you aren't done yet, you also need a new lga 1200 motherboard! Which is gonna cost ya a pretty penny. Expect to pay $20 more for the 1st year or so.

That would be pretty much up to $70 more for the intel.

And yes it is the Intel Tax.

Grinnie Jax

Grinnie Jax

10300 makes zero sense. Get expensive 1200 socket board, get a cooler, only to loose to 3300X with any cheap B450 mobo and with stock Wraith cooler.

To be honest, whole Comet Lake launch makes no sense. Ridiculously priced 1200 boards with short lived socket vs AM4 which already offers terrific price/performance value and will get support for Ryzen 4XXX.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview