News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Trials of Mana is a perfect example of what a more faithful Final Fantasy 7 Remake could have been like

Started by Redaktion, April 25, 2020, 09:30:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Had Square Enix remade Final Fantasy 7 using the same graphics engine as Trials of Mana, we probably wouldn't have complained about the end result. The company's budget-conscious approach to remaking the 1995 Trials of Mana original shows us how a "safe" Final Fantasy 7 Remake might have looked instead of the huge multi-part gamble they are currently taking with the series.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Trials-of-Mana-is-a-perfect-example-of-what-a-more-faithful-Final-Fantasy-7-Remake-could-have-been-like.462904.0.html

A

FF 7 does not need to be remade word for word unless its for mobile or something.

Things need to be modernized with time. FF7 remake is simply a polished version of the original FF7.

Now sure, there is the whole milking aspect where it is being divided up into multiple games. But it's not like you aren't getting a full games worth at least.

FF7 remake is for both old and new people to enjoy, and it does that well.

Hopefully, we will see other titles remade in same way due to its success such as Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean 2 and etc.

Final Fantasy Theory

Trials isn't a good game and feels outdated because they didn't put the effort in like they did with FF7R. Anyone wanting 7 to be remade like this should just play the original as there is really no point in doing a 1:1 remake.

People might not like the remake, but it is a modern classic and will go down in history as one of the greatest games.  It's also an example of how to do remakes(reboots/sequels) correctly.

Reisz

Applause.
This is the point.
I'm enjoying every minute of ToM while snobbing that pretentious remake/tv series called FFVII.
And i loved the original (even if VI and IX are better).
Btw all the wishes to who bought 1st epusode: just try not to think what will happens if next episode sales will not be good.
Square will continue and finish this season anyway, caring for fans.
Well, you can hope.

A

Quote from: Reisz on April 25, 2020, 19:15:27
Applause.
This is the point.
I'm enjoying every minute of ToM while snobbing that pretentious remake/tv series called FFVII.
Btw all the wishes to who bought 1st epusode: just try not to think what will happens if next episode sales will not be good.
Well, you can hope.

And this is the thing, 99% of complaints of the remake is that it makes up multiple games. That for some reason triggers you people to the max.

Again, no one is saying that is great that they are spliting it up into multiple games, but this and that is different. It should be judged based on the quality of the game itself. And the quality is top notch, making it the best FF game ever.

As for them finishing the series? We know they will. That's like saying what happens if FF sales are bad, will the end FF series altogether? There were plenty of titles which had subpar sales and they still did quite a few after because the brand was worth it.

Considering how good the 1st episode FF7R did, the 2nd one will sell well regardless. And they will only know the full effect on the 3rd which is the last one anyways.

If there is any concern, it would be that the 3rd part will not be on PS4 but PS5. Forcing people to buy a new console. But other than that, with only 3 parts its not that big of an issue of them finishing it.

S.Yu

Quote from: A on April 25, 2020, 19:36:44
Applause.
This is the point.
Well, you can hope.

And this is the thing, 99% of complaints of the remake is that it makes up multiple games. That for some reason triggers you people to the max.

Again, no one is saying that is great that they are spliting it up into multiple games, but this and that is different. It should be judged based on the quality of the game itself. And the quality is top notch, making it the best FF game ever.

As for them finishing the series? We know they will. That's like saying what happens if FF sales are bad, will the end FF series altogether? There were plenty of titles which had subpar sales and they still did quite a few after because the brand was worth it.

Considering how good the 1st episode FF7R did, the 2nd one will sell well regardless. And they will only know the full effect on the 3rd which is the last one anyways.

If there is any concern, it would be that the 3rd part will not be on PS4 but PS5. Forcing people to buy a new console. But other than that, with only 3 parts its not that big of an issue of them finishing it.
Why not just wait for PC then?

Adngel

But I actually have loved the remake of FF7remake ch1, you may be thinking it's a bad reimagination for their story additions and maps recreation, but in such case you should take a look are Resident Evil right now where instead of recreate, they replaced, and instead of add, they removed, in comparision FF7 is a high welcome breeze of how remakes should be done.

FF7 have been able to recreate loyally big part of the Midgar game, (even scenes and maps from the original that one thought on them as unimportant, are there with increased exploration areas and bosses.

The only complaint comes always for the story in the last chapter, which is not finished yet as there continues in FF7 chapter 2, maybe many of those complaints will be proved false by then.

Shot

Applause.
This is the point.
Well, you can hope.

This game is awesome and Game of the Year worthy though. Sales will most likely be high for the other parts as well.

I actually welcome the changes, they fixed some things that bothered me. For example...

**Spoilers**

The way President Shinra died in the original always felt rushed. When he was introduced I thought he would have some importance in the story but his only onscreen interaction with the Party was his first appearance and he only talked with Cloud Tifa and Barret. Because of the way he died in the original I always saw him unimportant to the story and that Rufus should have been President from the beginning.

In the Remake it's so much better, he has been given much more interactions with the Party and we actually saw Barret confronting him, not to mention we know this version of Shinra much better than the original one.

I loved the interactions between Cloud and the Avalanche trio. It would have given their deaths more emotional meaning even though it made me like Jessie less.

Than Sephiroth, I'm so happy that they have given him more screen, and the game has given me an answer already about Aerith's death. I never understood in the original if it was Sephiroth or Jenova who killed her, but in the Remake I have a better understanding of it even though it isn't quite the same.

Also Sephiroth only talked before beeing freed from Cloud in his crystal phase. After it he had no dialogue even in the final fight. I really hope Nomura changes this as well.

This is in no way saying that the original is a bad game... it's still wonderful and I will continue to replay it, but in my opinion the changes were for the better, since they make the story feel more complete.

Shot

Applause.
This is the point.
Well, you can hope.

I actually think they could make the game available for PS5 and PS4.

I think if they release the other parts only on PS5 I think that could hurt sales more than the change of the story or that it is divided into parts.

Shot

Quote from: S.Yu on April 26, 2020, 01:07:41
Applause.
This is the point.
Well, you can hope.

Why not just wait for PC then?

If PC would be the only option of gaming in the future I would stop playing games. I simply can't play on that system.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview